Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A win is a win but we made it so hard for ourselves. Good first half Iwobi, DCl, Digne and Richy all good we played some lovely stuff. But the second half was so so poor we dropped off and could not keep the ball we have to be more compact. Fulham rallied tbf and we may have been struggling with tiredness of the internationals.. Still a good win after three defeats but we have to be more compact as well as being good going forward . #FULEVE

I think we need to show more respect here for the opposition...Fulham is not a bad team...yes they lost a lot of the games this season but more often than not it was close...players did their best today...
I admire your optimism, but they are a poor team that mullered us in the second half. I can't remember us having a shot.

We don't half create our own problems. Whether it's weak mentality or just not caring, the players need to learn how to control matches.

I think we need to show more respect here for the opposition...Fulham is not a bad team...yes they lost a lot of the games this season but more often than not it was close...players did their best today...
You are right to give them respect but there is a fine line between giving them respect and being realistic...
To even finish in the top half this season this is a fixture we need to get 3 points from and the reality is against better opposition we would have been thumped today.

Win and they still manage to annoy me, I can't stand when we sit off after going a goal or 2 ahead, its Fulham ffs we seen first half it was easy to create chances if you have a go so just go out 2nd half and kill the game off by scoring a 4th and 5th, instead we sat off and didn't attack at all and we got very lucky with the pen miss.

Lucky it was Fulham and not someone better because we'd have drawn or got beat doing what we did 2nd half

Something is badly wrong because no matter who plays for us the same old problems with confidence and bottling games against awful teams persists.

No idea how it ends. We have a genuinely world class manager, a Brazilian international striker and a Colombian superstar, yet it's still barely enough.

It's just baffling.

It doesn't matter who you play if you switch off at halftime and try to just contain for the entire second period you are in trouble. I don't know if that was mentality or tactics for sure but I definitely lean toward mentality and that needs stamping out right now. We could have battered them 5 or 6 to 1 if we kept the intensity up and instead we clawed over the line.

I gave it to Digne ,not always my favourite crosser but he captained the team to a win after three losses .Special mention to Alex who I personally didn't think he could play even that well .Of course THE DCL is always impressing and gives his all ,I could quite easily have given it to him .
The most important thing today was the points .

Status
Not open for further replies.