Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess upon reflection old Everton loses that game let alone draw it. So a win is a win

If that second half performance was shocking

Get it sorted Carlo

Also TD26 was everywhere after coming on, I thought he was ok and even made that run on the counter

But Iceland, completely anonymous then pops up to kick a corner straight to the keeper. Dreadful

The changes tightened us up thank god.

A tale of 2 halves.

Lookmans cross at the end was a reminder of his time with the blues but both he and Robinson did well.

Credit to the boys in the first half and also to Fulham in the second who played well.

DCL is brilliant, pure quality.

Loftus-Cheek is a good player and made a massive difference.

3 away points and up to 6th.

More work to be done.

I literally said at teh time of that "Trust Lookman to look bright and dangerous and to delvier nothing when it matters".

Yes totally we need to sort the right back issue.
Also mina is useless, and Pickford as well.
Carlo's subs were awful.
It's work in progress.
Hard to watch at times.
To be fair I thought Tom Davis did quite well and we did improve after the substitutions. Before that I was certain we were going to lose. After the subs came on things seemed to calm down a bit and Fulham ran out of steam.

No argument taking them off, my point was why bring on sig and davies to try and hold onto a lead in front of Holgate. Both have shown in the past to be liabilities when we are under pressure defensively and neither can put the foot in the break up play.

I don't think Holgate is fit mate.

I think Ancelotti made a mistake in throwing him in last game, but then Mina is terrible so could understand why he did.

I always think that when you grind a win out that means you've battled, got a foot in when it mattered etc, we did neither of those.

I disagree. I think some players certainly battled hard. DCL, Davies, even doucoure were winning free kicks and managing to break fulhams play up. And while Fulham had lots of the ball, they werent creating clear chance after clear chance.

Laboured to a win we should have cruised to. The look on Carlo and Dunc’s faces summed it up, but on the positive side these are the types of results we need if we want to be up there, the type teams like City, the RS and the like usually get away with

I do think Holgate needs to be back in for Mina against Leeds next week though, Yerry is by far the clear weak link in the back line. Godfrey was doing ok up till he conceded the pen then his head went a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.