2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a manager of an entire club, he's going to have targets he wants to achieve. You either have some things he thinks we need to achieve those, or you need to work on having those things. Considering his experience, you have to trust he knows WTF those are.

A few min highlights of the u23s game yesterday via Chelsea website

Our second goal there, Gordon doing what we've been crying out for while Richarlison has been out, a player who will be direct and run with the ball (I'm not saying Gordon should have been starting for us) If that's Sigurdsson picking the ball up in that position he's turning and playing it backwards.

Start listening to the manager and work hard in training and you will get your chance.

banging on the bosses door clearly didn’t have the desired affect.

I suspect that Ancelotti wants to see a lot more from him when he doesn't have the ball. His defensive stats are relatively poor (compared to the experienced PL players listed above) and maybe he needs to improve his awareness, tackling and blocking? If you are playing James, you can't really afford to have another 'luxury' winger who is not that good defending on the other side or else the midfield will be totally overrun trying to cover for them.

Despite the lack of belief in Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gomes and Bernard, they are all experienced enough to be able to block off potential passes, occasionally nick the ball and help break down attacks, even if they are not out and out defenders.

I like him and I suspect he will make it but he maybe needs to take a good look at Richarlison and the way he plays to prove his worth to the team.

Honestly don't even know if he's any good but i know enough about sigurdsson iwobi gomes and dare i say Bernard to know he couldn't be any worse.
I think everyone expects Richarlison on the left + James right and Sigurdsson central today.
Richarlison left, James right and my Labrador in the centre...better than the above...

Status
Not open for further replies.