2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern have won the last 8 Bundesliga titles, winning the title there is pretty much a given. Carlo's problem is that they went backwards. The style of play declined and it got to the stage where the players were arranging their own extra training sessions. That raises serious questions about Carlo and above all his choice of his own son as assistant manager.

Sarri's Napoli were exceptional getting 91 points and pushing Juventus all the way. Sarri's took over a Napoli side that had finished 5th with 63 points in 14/15. He improved their points total every season and had a win percentage of 66%.

Carlo took over a Napoli side that finished 2nd with 91 points 28 points more than when Sarri took over. Carlo had a worse points total in his first season and had Napoli in 7th position when he was sacked. Compared to Sarri's 66% win percentage Carlo had a win percentage of 52%.

In 16 months Napoli went from pushing Juve all the way to 7th in Serie A. By any definition that is taking a club backwards.

It isn't an isolated instance though. It has happened right from Madrid, through Bayern to Napoli. Worryingly the same things were said. Carlo was tactically inflexible, trying to impose his well-worn ideas on a squad that it didn't suit, fitness levels dropping off the longer Carlo was manager, Carlo over relying on his first 11 and relying on older pros in preference to young talent that needed more coaching.

Can anyone honestly say that isn't being said at the moment about Carlo's Everton.

The worst thing is that he doesn't turn things around or innovate he just keeps trying the same outdated methods until he gets sacked. People are blindly saying that we need to give Carlo three or four years because of his track record. Except his track record doesn't say that.

Since his stint at Milan.

Sacked after two seasons at Chelsea, walked after 18 months at PSG, sacked after two seasons at Madrid, sacked after 14 months at Bayern, sacked after 17 months at Napoli.

Carlo is clearly a gentleman, highly regarded in the game and increases our pulling power in the transfer market. So why not keep Carlo but bring in world-class coaching staff. Instead of making do with Dunc who is here because of Bill looking after ex-players and Davide because his surname is Ancelotti.

Or we could bury our heads in the sand and keep pretending everything will work out when the evidence just isn't there.
He definitely did something to you or your family didn’t he?

Bayern have won the last 8 Bundesliga titles, winning the title there is pretty much a given. Carlo's problem is that they went backwards. The style of play declined and it got to the stage where the players were arranging their own extra training sessions. That raises serious questions about Carlo and above all his choice of his own son as assistant manager.

Sarri's Napoli were exceptional getting 91 points and pushing Juventus all the way. Sarri's took over a Napoli side that had finished 5th with 63 points in 14/15. He improved their points total every season and had a win percentage of 66%.

Carlo took over a Napoli side that finished 2nd with 91 points 28 points more than when Sarri took over. Carlo had a worse points total in his first season and had Napoli in 7th position when he was sacked. Compared to Sarri's 66% win percentage Carlo had a win percentage of 52%.

In 16 months Napoli went from pushing Juve all the way to 7th in Serie A. By any definition that is taking a club backwards.

It isn't an isolated instance though. It has happened right from Madrid, through Bayern to Napoli. Worryingly the same things were said. Carlo was tactically inflexible, trying to impose his well-worn ideas on a squad that it didn't suit, fitness levels dropping off the longer Carlo was manager, Carlo over relying on his first 11 and relying on older pros in preference to young talent that needed more coaching.

Can anyone honestly say that isn't being said at the moment about Carlo's Everton.

The worst thing is that he doesn't turn things around or innovate he just keeps trying the same outdated methods until he gets sacked. People are blindly saying that we need to give Carlo three or four years because of his track record. Except his track record doesn't say that.

Sacked after two seasons at Chelsea, walked after 18 months at PSG, sacked after two seasons at Madrid, sacked after 14 months at Bayern, sacked after 17 months at Napoli.

Carlo is clearly a gentleman, highly regarded in the game and increases our pulling power in the transfer market. So why not keep Carlo but bring in world-class coaching staff. Instead of making do with Dunc who is here because of Bill looking after ex-players and Davide because his surname is Ancelotti.

Or we could bury our heads in the sand and keep pretending everything will work out when the evidence just isn't there.

You can post as many paragraphs as you want, your opinion is null and void once you came out and said "he was sacked after 15 games and on course for 46 points for the season"

My 12 year old son wouldn't even come up with such nonsense. It's like saying "well we've just lost the first game of the season so we'll be on course to get relegated"

0e497000899b5d76fa35c56ef22ac77c.gif

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

You can post as many paragraphs as you want, your opinion is null and void once you came out and said "he was sacked after 15 games and on course for 46 points for the season"

My 12 year old son wouldn't even come up with such nonsense. It's like saying "well we've just lost the first game of the season so we'll be on course to get relegated"
It may be a bizarre concept to you but you divide the number of points by the number of games, find the points per game and then extrapolate that over a season. So if things had continued over the season then Napoli would have ended up with 46 points.

Now 15 games is a decent sample size, whereas taking the first game in isolation is a tiny sample size.

If you want a bigger sample size then.

Sarri had a win percentage at Napoli over 147 games of 66%.

Carlo had a win percentage at Napoli over 72 games of 52%.

It may be a bizarre concept to you but you divide the number of points by the number of games, find the points per game and then extrapolate that over a season. So if things had continued over the season then Napoli would have ended up with 46 points.

Now 15 games is a decent sample size, whereas taking the first game in isolation is a tiny sample size.

If you want a bigger sample size then.

Sarri had a win percentage at Napoli over 147 games of 66%.

Carlo had a win percentage at Napoli over 72 games of 52%.

tbh I've ignored this post, showed my son and he just laughed.

Again.

If things had continued.........

If we won 3 games on the spin that means we would win 6 games on the spin.

If we won 5, drawn 5 and lost 5 games in the first 15 games it means we will win 5, draw 5 and lose 5 of the next 15.

Gwladysnight - aged 9.

tbh I've ignored this post, showed my son and he just laughed.

Again.

If things had continued.........

If we won 3 games on the spin that means we would win 6 games on the spin.

If we won 5, drawn 5 and lost 5 games in the first 15 games it means we will win 5, draw 5 and lose 5 of the next 15.

Gwladysnight - aged 9.

The best predictor for future performance is historical performance. That is why analysts use form as a predictor.

We are not talking in certainties or absolutes we are talking about the likelihood of something occurring using data. So if you win three games on the run then confidence increases and the likelihood of winning your next three increases. It doesn't say it will definitely happen but is an indicator.

Jesus. Have you put a negative spin on him winning the double in Germany, and 2nd in the league with Napoli?

Have you also ignored the multiple European cups as well?

Along with Pep and probably Mourinho hes in the top 3 coaches in the world. We are very fortunate to have him.

The best predictor for future performance is historical performance. That is why analysts use form as a predictor.

We are not talking in certainties or absolutes we are talking about the likelihood of something occurring using data. So if you win three games on the run then confidence increases and the likelihood of winning your next three increases. It doesn't say it will definitely happen but is an indicator.

You are so boring it’s making my eyes sting.

I know that I'm a new fan here, I also know that no one is above criticism.

But it seems strange to find negativity about Ancelotti already.

Carlo has been among the most consistently successful managers in the world for 2 decades. He is a person with an extensive record of success, experience, and a pedigree of respect that attracts players. Players like him and respect him, the media likes him and respect him, and he carries himself with utter class which is important in the tabloid craze that the world of football has become.

A club like Everton, that always has aspirations of being more than a mid table team and being recognized as a top club is lucky to have him. He is the perfect manager for what we are trying to accomplish.

On the field and squad, there is work to do. Beyond our starting 11, the squad is very thin and players like Richy, DCL, allan, and James, are irreplaceable.

But I believe we are moving on the right direction and believe that he needs another summer transfer window to get to where we want to be.

Let's be patient

I know that I'm a new fan here, I also know that no one is above criticism.

But it seems strange to find negativity about Ancelotti already.

Carlo has been among the most consistently successful managers in the world for 2 decades. He is a person with an extensive record of success, experience, and a pedigree of respect that attracts players. Players like him and respect him, the media likes him and respect him, and he carries himself with utter class which is important in the tabloid craze that the world of football has become.

A club like Everton, that always has aspirations of being more than a mid table team and being recognized as a top club is lucky to have him. He is the perfect manager for what we are trying to accomplish.

On the field and squad, there is work to do. Beyond our starting 11, the squad is very thin and players like Richy, DCL, allan, and James, are irreplaceable.

But I believe we are moving on the right direction and believe that he needs another summer transfer window to get to where we want to be.

Let's be patient
I don't necessarily think it's "negativity" about Carlo as much as a discussion on his tactics in the last 4 matches which were, imo, poor. He came out today and said "we didn't lose because Richarlison was missing" yet, looking at those matches, it was pretty clear that he really didn't have a plan B for when Richarlison was out.

I love Carlo, I honestly doubt I'll ever call for his head. Just because you have won everything does not mean you are incapable of ballsing it up and those should be critiqued.

I don't necessarily think it's "negativity" about Carlo as much as a discussion on his tactics in the last 4 matches which were, imo, poor. He came out today and said "we didn't lose because Richarlison was missing" yet, looking at those matches, it was pretty clear that he really didn't have a plan B for when Richarlison was out.

I love Carlo, I honestly doubt I'll ever call for his head. Just because you have won everything does not mean you are incapable of ballsing it up and those should be critiqued.
But it wasn't just Richarlison missing which is a shallow way to look at things. Richy didn't play, we suck and we depend 100% on him. It goes deeper than that. In those same 3 games, James basically was a nonfactor. He shouldn't have played any of those games. Playing without training, looking dead out there. We missed Digne for 1 game. We missed Coleman for 2 matches as well. It all went downhill from there.

We are, unfortunately, to win matches with Richarlison not playing, James not playing or playing at 50%, and missing the fullbacks for games.

Now Carlo has messed up as well. Playing Siggurdson ahead of Gomes in the midfield. That game where he started 5 CMs. Not giving Gordon a chance, playing an injured James, etc.

But someone here is saying he makes teams worse. That was a bad 3 match stretch for him but also we had a lot of things going against us.

Jesus. Have you put a negative spin on him winning the double in Germany, and 2nd in the league with Napoli?

Have you also ignored the multiple European cups as well?

Along with Pep and probably Mourinho hes in the top 3 coaches in the world. We are very fortunate to have him.
It isn't putting a negative spin on anything. Six League games into the next season Carlo was sacked. Winning the Bundesliga for Bayern managers is pretty much a given. The negative is getting sacked 16 months in to the job.

At Napoli when Carlo joined they had just pushed Juve all the way and finished with 91 points. After 17 months Napoli were 7th and Carlo was sacked that is the negative.

Please explain if Carlo is one of the top 3 coaches in the World why his stock has fallen so far that it was Everton and Arsenal who were in for him.

We are doing what we always do massively over-estimating the ability of our managers and players. We put impossible expectations on them and then turn on them when they fail to live up to our ridiculous expectations.

Carlo is a solid manager who has raised our profile and allowed us to attract a higher class of player. Suggesting he is currently one of the top 3 managers in the world is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.