2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.[Publication is blackli...r-in-line-for-january-move-after-france-trip/

Now this seems like a terrible idea for all involved. Hopefully fiction.

Good decision IMO. Get him up to sipped in a less physically demanding league and get playing for 6 months.

Come back next summer and start over again - not ideal but better than wasting a £25m investment by rushing him into the rigours of the PL which injured him the first place.

Good decision IMO. Get him up to sipped in a less physically demanding league and get playing for 6 months.

Come back next summer and start over again - not ideal but better than wasting a £25m investment by rushing him into the rigours of the PL which injured him the first place.

So sending him to a club which has no interest in his log term wellbeing but want instant impact makes more sense to you than keeping him and gradually introducing him back through the under 23s? I know which route i would consider to be rushing him back...
The story is rubbish anyway....

I mean we need him in our midfield so it absolutely should not happening

Then again, it makes about as much sense as loaning out your only other striker and not bringing in anyone else

I think we should have a reserves league to keep people fit. This way we can let our u23s develop rather than kick them out when they don't make it by being 23! U23 seems just a stupid age range.

I could be wrong mate but I'm sure it was actually U21s first, then they changed to U23s. Having the reserves was great because you could throw anyone in coming back from injury. Watching some reserve games was great because of the amount of boss players who could be involved for both teams in a game.

I think we should have a reserves league to keep people fit. This way we can let our u23s develop rather than kick them out when they don't make it by being 23! U23 seems just a stupid age range.
I'm not so sure tbh, one of the great managers, i think Cruyff or Bobby Robson (someone of that ilk) once made a comment that if a player is not showing signs of breaking into a first team by the age of 22/23 then the chance of them making it is pretty slim. There are of course exceptions to the rule but i guess it probably serves as a good range that clubs can use to make a decision on a player

I'm not so sure tbh, one of the great managers, i think Cruyff or Bobby Robson (someone of that ilk) once made a comment that if a player is not showing signs of breaking into a first team by the age of 22/23 then the chance of them making it is pretty slim. There are of course exceptions to the rule but i guess it probably serves as a good range that clubs can use to make a decision on a player
I don't disagree- but putting u23 on the title kind of limits any usefulness to older players rehabilitating or keeping fit etc

Status
Not open for further replies.