2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are lucky to have Carlo, he is a top class manager. I don’t, however, subscribe to this ‘we can’t criticise Carlo, Carlo doesn’t make mistakes’ . For example, bringing on Tosun in the last 2 games. It’s obvious that Tosun is totally out of his depth In the prem. Tosun adds absolutely nothing when we are chasing a game, impact sub my backside.

I can even understand, to an extent, his perseverance with Gylfi, not because I rate Gylfi, but, Carlo is hardly spoilt for choice in midfield at the moment.

Head and tail of it, is Carlo a good appointment? Yes. Is he infallible? No. Will he get it right here in the end? Yes if he stays long enough and the board continue to back him.

Even with Carlo, even with the new signings I was already anticipating a 7th/8th/9th finish this season, Europa League at best.

Clearly the excellent start got into a few of our fans heads thinking maybe we'll achieve a 'Leicester' type title win or CL spot finish. Reality setting in now as we slide to our natural position, deffo top2 will be Citeh/RS, the other two CL spots will be Chelsea and one from Utd/Leicester or Spurs.

Our squad is still a bit too average and Carlo will need more transfer windows and $$$. Will he be given the time though? Or will he be arsed given he's not too far from retirement age.

I think we are lucky to have Carlo, he is a top class manager. I don’t, however, subscribe to this ‘we can’t criticise Carlo, Carlo doesn’t mske mistakes’ . For example, bringing on Tosun in the last 2 games. It’s obvious that Tosun is totally out of his depth In the prem. Tosun adds absolutely nothing when we are chasing a game, impact sub my backside.

I can even understand, to an extent, his perseverance with Gylfi, not because I rate Gylfi, but, Carlo is hardly spoilt for choice in midfield at the moment

Head and tail of it, is Carlo a good appointments? Yes. Is he infallible? No. Will he get it right here in the end? Yes if he stays long enough and the board continue to back him.

True.

But he had got some utter muck in his squad

They sold their top centreback last season and replaced him with a 19 year old kid. They sold their best left back this summer and replaced him with a guy who is now injured. Their best midfielder is injured, their best right back is injured, yet despite all of that they can still put out a team that has a far stronger spine than ours does.

This is what years of good recruitment does rather than years of bad recruitment. They have a squad of premier league standard players. We have a handful.
I do not disagree that the recruitment has been terrible. The problem is that we never learn. But my point is this, Leicester have not bought established stars, but players who have potential and who can easily be integrated into Rodgers' system. The system makes the players better, and since everyone is well drilled into this system, it is also not so vulnerable to injuries.

We have hired a coach, who only has experience with world-class players, and who has only adjusted a little here and there when he has taken over big clubs. For the most part, he has relied on the players' individual skills. So he will continue to demand that we buy star players, but in reality we can never compete with the biggest clubs in Europe.

Those who want to come to us are players like JR and Allan, and who the big clubs have found are not worth the money. Either because the curve is going down, lack of professionalism, or frequent injury problems. Eventually we will run out of money, and Ancelotti is sitting in Canada eating beef and drinking red wine.

But like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

If he doesn’t get us the Europa League or win us a cup then I’m afraid we can bring in managers on less than half of his wage to deliver the same result.

Yes agreed - that's irrefutable. Lose at Fulham and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Coleman / Ferguson will start taking training and Moshiri will get twitchy. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Even with Carlo, even with the new signings I was already anticipating a 7th/8th/9th finish this season, Europa League at best.

Clearly the excellent start got into a few of our fans heads thinking maybe we'll achieve a 'Leicester' type title win or CL spot finish. Reality setting in now as we slide to our natural position, deffo top2 will be Citeh/RS, the other two CL spots will be Chelsea and one from Utd/Leicester or Spurs.

Our squad is still a bit too average and Carlo will need more transfer windows and $$$. Will he be given the time though? Or will he be arsed given he's not too far from retirement age.
He's only had one transfer window, there's still a chance he could bring players in the January window and then next summer get rid of the deadwood and more, who knows this time next year we could be in a much different position.

Everton always go from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Great start, quick passing football. Players wanting the ball and pressing when not in possession.
Now we are lethargic and don’t hunt in packs. Stand off the opponent and let them play
All goals against were preventable. Poor from the midfield and defence.
Not convinced on the midfield still. Allan who everybody raves about appears to be the wrong side of the man when the opposition is on the attack. Also gets caught out of position
Carlo needs to get back to basics as our passing is very poor and our defending is non existent at the moment.
Play with passion and most importantly communication.
Agree 100% with this.
Very true about Allan often having to challenge from the wrong side. We've got a couple of other MFs with the same fault: Davies and Siggurdson

Yes agreed - that's irrefutable. Lose at Fulham and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Coleman / Ferguson will start taking training and Moshiri will get twitchy. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Fulham is a right jinx ground for us ... Carlo has to stop the rot ......

Status
Not open for further replies.