2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
this anyone who compares him to any of the previous are deluded
I’m not sure I agree. I said from the start that Ancelotti needed to prove himself with us. I couldn’t care less if he won trophies with Milan and Madrid. I want him to win trophies with us, which granted maybe the league cup this year, but the signs aren’t good if we keep conceding this amount of goals. If I went for a new job after my successes with a previous one, got it, then performed terribly, I wouldn’t expect to be shown more leniency than anyone else.
Ancelotti should be judged on his time with Everton. This is a completely different gig to taking over a Madrid or Bayern Munich and some people quite rightly, are unimpressed with what they’re seeing.
I like the guy, he says the right things, and he has a likeable personality. He also has a great record as a manager with far bigger teams than Everton. But all the defenders of Ancelotti on this thread, are just pointing to a record many years before he joined us, rather than anything we are seeing on the pitch for Everton so far. We have the leakiest defence since I can remember, the midfield is being walked through and we look like our best chance of scoring is from a cross/set piece and lacking any creativity.

Realistically it’s going to take two or three years for Carlo to turn us into title challengers. We have a desperately poor squad. It’s a miracle that we’re still in the top 6. We’re even light years behind Man Utd and they’re nothing special, albeit they’ve spent almost a billion Pounds on transfer fees since Sir Alex retired.

I do think, though, that we’d have performed better had Goodison been packed to the rafters. The fans are usually like a 12th man when we play the mancs. Let’s hope things get back to normal at some point this season.

I assume you don’t think Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Silva, Allardyce or Ferguson are either?

Who is the right manager for us?
Ancelotti obviously needs time, and it is too early to conclude. That said, I'm weak for Ralph Hassenhuttl. We complain about the players we have, but think how much rubbish he has in the squad. He has a clearly defined system with some very clear principles. The team mostly plays entertaining football, and gets the points they need.

Ancelotti should be our manager as long as he wants to be our manager

But the board and DOF need to get him the right players immediately. There is no need for long term planning while football is so unpredictable. This was the season and they have blown it for him.

Are you on a windup? If the guy who’s won Serie A, the Bundesliga, the Premier League, the FA Cup and THREE European Cups isn’t good enough then who on earth is?!

Give him time. At least a couple of seasons.

It took Klopp years to
get the RS into the top 4.
Carlo doesn't do at least a couple of seasons though.

Napoli sacked 15 League games into his second season.

Bayern sacked 6 League games into his second season.

Madrid sacked after two seasons.

PSG walked after a season and a half.

Chelsea sacked after two seasons.

No point signing the likes of James if he's being forced to play alongside the likes of Sigurdsson, Iwobi, kin Tosun, etc. Last week he would have been paired down the right with bleedin' Jonjoe Kenny, ffs.

Either the club does it properly and gets a team full of quality players in, or they admit it's a half-hearted attempt at 'breaking' the top six.

We've a laughing stock of a goalkeeper and two strikers in the entire squad, one of whom has missed half the games through suspension and the other who cannot play without the former, meaning we have no options whatsoever.

Imagine Liverpool having the truly embarrassing record of never winning a game when a single player isn't available to them, it's absolutely crazy.

So if the club are serious about the project with Carlo then they need to dig much, much deeper into their pockets to improve this squad.

Let's not forget we're losing Richarlison at the end of the season, he came out and said he was convinced to give the club "one more" season by Ancelotti, and we can't win games without him. lol

Carlo is the right man. He’s vastly experienced and can attract top players for us. We just need a couple more windows to sort the squad. We need to add quality in midfield, an athletic RB and a versatile, direct forward and we’ll be well positioned. A world class GK would be nice too.
That's wasn't me saying we should sack Carlo, that was me saying "we've tried literally everything else"

Carlo had fantastic squads at Napoli, Bayern, Madrid and Chelsea but got sacked after taking them backwards. It isn't the quality that matters his coaching and training methods are outdated. He takes teams backwards.

Realistically it’s going to take two or three years for Carlo to turn us into title challengers. We have a desperately poor squad. It’s a miracle that we’re still in the top 6. We’re even light years behind Man Utd and they’re nothing special, albeit they’ve spent almost a billion Pounds on transfer fees since Sir Alex retired.

I do think, though, that we’d have performed better had Goodison been packed to the rafters. The fans are usually like a 12th man when we play the mancs. Let’s hope things get back to normal at some point this season.
Title challenger? I think it is far in the future. For now, I am very happy if we get top 8 place, and that we play entertaining football. Maybe top 6 next season, but beyond that I dare not dream. Most of all, I hope to see an Everton team playing entertaining football, and that there is some intensity and plan with what we do. I think Ancelotti has performed as expected in terms of points, but football has on the whole been slow and predictable. But it is also a bit of what characterizes Ancelotti football.

Title challenger? I think it is far in the future. For now, I am very happy if we get top 8 place, and that we play entertaining football. Maybe top 6 next season, but beyond that I dare not dream. Most of all, I hope to see an Everton team playing entertaining football, and that there is some intensity and plan with what we do. I think Ancelotti has performed as expected in terms of points, but football has on the whole been slow and predictable. But it is also a bit of what characterizes Ancelotti football.

Its obviously in the future but of course it should be the target. I'm fed up with aiming for midtable. We should be aiming for number 1 and trying to get there as soon as possible. Otherwise what is the point.

The club talk a good gane but couldn't be any more small time in their decision making. Bring in Carlo Ancelotti and ask him to rely on Sigurdsson Tosun Iwobi and Gomes etc. Properly small time and pointless. Why tie his hands behind his back?

I just thought that under a manager of such pedigree, especially an Italian one, we would be so much more organised defensively. You have to admit, these numbers conceded are alarming. I mean the likes of arteta even looks like he has got arsenal organised far better than they were. I’m not so sure we are. The manager should be giving us some identity where you can see the influence. You see what rodgers teams do, and to an extent you can already see what arteta does. I am
Not saying we should get rid of him. I’m also not saying I’d rather have one of them two. I’m just saying, I still don’t know what type of formation works, what type of football we want to play. And that’s after almost a year. Is that not a bit concerning?

Im not sure Ancelotti has ever had a reputation as a defensive manager but yes the defensive performances are not good enough.

That said, Arteta can field a back 5 of Leno Bellerin Gabriel Luiz Tierney. Ancelotti has a far inferior 5 of Pickford Coleman Keane Mina Digne. Only Digne would get in the Arsenal team.

Nothing will change until we throw caution to the wind and break FFP as the holes are too big in the squad at present.

We need:
1x back up CF
1x RW with pace
1x CM
1x RB
1x GK

Selling Kean for a decent fee and a USM naming rights deal once BMD is granted PP may allow us to do this but these last 3 weeks have massively concerned me.

Its not just ability of players its the actual mentality of some players - Siggurdsson is a coward, Gomes is a coward, Iwobi is a coward, Holgate laughing after losing 3-1, Pickford being a complete clown every week, Mina more of a joker than a serial winner, Delph a gobshite who cant stay fit for 2 consecutive games.

Too many players we need to axe for me - take big losses on them all, break FFP and take a fine and squad reduction in Europe who's arsed anymore its like groundhog day supporting Everton.

I’m not sure I agree. I said from the start that Ancelotti needed to prove himself with us. I couldn’t care less if he won trophies with Milan and Madrid. I want him to win trophies with us, which granted maybe the league cup this year, but the signs aren’t good if we keep conceding this amount of goals. If I went for a new job after my successes with a previous one, got it, then performed terribly, I wouldn’t expect to be shown more leniency than anyone else.
Ancelotti should be judged on his time with Everton. This is a completely different gig to taking over a Madrid or Bayern Munich and some people quite rightly, are unimpressed with what they’re seeing.
I like the guy, he says the right things, and he has a likeable personality. He also has a great record as a manager with far bigger teams than Everton. But all the defenders of Ancelotti on this thread, are just pointing to a record many years before he joined us, rather than anything we are seeing on the pitch for Everton so far. We have the leakiest defence since I can remember, the midfield is being walked through and we look like our best chance of scoring is from a cross/set piece and lacking any creativity.

He's not performing terribly. Its been good and bad. On a bad run on a few games isnt time to hit the panic button.
This is a bigger challenge than previous jobs he has had and we more than anyone know it because we have watched this for the past 4/5 years. We were leaking goals left right and centre under silva so thats not true that we are as leaky now as any other time. Same goalkeeper and same personal. I dont think they are good enough regardless of who the manager is. Plus this season esp most teams are struggling to stop goals.
One window is not enough to repair what is easly the most expensive over rated bunch of wasters this club assembled before he got here.
It took klopp 3 years minimum to start even turning them around and he had far more to start with.
There's no magic wand for this. Its going to take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.