Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won 7 in a row in all comps.

Last week of the window we let two forwards (based on the 4-3-3) go and didn't bring any in.

Regardless of Kean and Walcott going, we needed another one in. To not get a quality player in was negligent
I think we need more than one bud.

If thats our main issue, why cant we keep a clean sheet? Even with an entirely new midfield screen we simply cannot keep a clean sheet. We took the lead and completely fell to bits today. Coleman is a key component and for me, its mentality. I can't be arsed justifying my opinion on him tbh, I just dont think hes good enough. You rightly point out nor are a lot of our other players but coleman's our captain and I just expect more from someone in that role. Or of course we could bring Sigurdsson into the captains role. Oh wait.
So is Digne, Keane, Holgate then.

They were all crap for United's first goal, and no midfielder tracked Fernandes' run.

I'm not disagreeing that our options aren't good enough, but there's nothing we can do about it right now.

the academy isn't producing any players (Gordon is alright - nothing more - and clearly not viewed as ready) that will be good enough, maybe bar Simms who, again, is nowhere near ready (though I'd rather see him than Tosun).

So we need to be better in the market. Our DoF decides to take risks which keep backfiring on us.

It’s everyone at the club mate, yes we can’t make a difference in the stands but we can still get behind them by keeping heads planted on

It’s easy to say ‘we’ve been here before’ and that’s what clouds people’s judgement at times, they’ve been burnt in the past. But there’s signs there that we are heading in the right direction, we’ve just got to stick it out

Translated means, I think we got to accept this poo, lower midtable finishes in the hope it changes

My worry is this team is very slow and does iwobi have in his contract that he doesn't have to tackle?
He did very well on one occasion tracking back and winning the ball back off Rashford in a potentially dangerous situation. He can still do a job for Everton but not as a winger or wide man but in Gylfi’s position.

This Man Utd side are pathetic and they have just whooped up in our own yard

Grim

They still have a winning mentality. That's 7 away games on the bounce he's won. He also has a great record against the top 6 sides - think he's lot 3 out of 15 games or so.

Problem seems that when they're underdogs they turn up.

Played 7 league games, lost three, drawn 1 with a very easy start.

Be still my beating heart.
Wouldn't say that. Spurs, RS, Utd plus the current league leaders.....
A very easy start was what we had two seasons ago when we won just one of the first six and contained only Arsenal of any note..

Wouldn't say that. Spurs, RS, Utd plus the current league leaders.....
A very easy start was what we had two seasons ago when we won just one of the first six and contained only Arsenal of any note..

RS at home - ok maybe.

But United are terrible, Spurs were awful, Newcastle? Horrible.

Deserved a draw I thought. Defending was too poor to win. Holgate was rusty. Benard did fine.

Teams are attacking James side now recognizing he doesn't track back. I wonder how Carlo will adjust.

Long term project. Trying to focus on the bigger picture here...

Did we really expect all our problems to magically disappear in one transfer window?

We will build a team and build the depth of the squad over years and it’s going to take time and patience blues.

Problem is long term Allan and James are the wrong side of 30 and Richarlison will likely be off.

We should have broken FFP in the summer and just gone for it - instead we wasted £25 million on a 4th choice CB and let 2x forwards go without replacing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.