2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s fine to question him but no one at the club can give any hint to these players that his position is being questioned whatsoever. No one. These players have to have it rammed down their throat that he is here to stay and that they will be out the door if this continues. Too many of them have seen Koeman Allardyce and Silva fired. If Ancelotti even gets close to being on that list then they can’t all have been wrong. There’s key players who need to be weeded out of this club. Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson, right down the spine of the team they have failed all those managers before and they will throw this one under the bus also.

We’re paying £11m-£14m p/a for Ancelotti, btw. When he doesn’t deliver then he is to be held accountable.

If he doesn’t deliver Europe this season then we get rid and get a manager in for £4m p/a to get us the same types of finishes e.g. 8th-12th.
Your going to sack ancelotti if we finish 8th?! lol lol lol

It’s fine to question him but no one at the club can give any hint to these players that his position is being questioned whatsoever. No one. These players have to have it rammed down their throat that he is here to stay and that they will be out the door if this continues. Too many of them have seen Koeman Allardyce and Silva fired. If Ancelotti even gets close to being on that list then they can’t all have been wrong. There’s key players who need to be weeded out of this club. Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson, right down the spine of the team they have failed all those managers before and they will throw this one under the bus also.
Ancelotti chooses to play Pickford, Sigurdsson, etc.

He shouldn’t be picking Siggurdson.

Brands was negligent not replacing Kean and Walcott.

Im happy to persist with him but I worry that the Premier League has evolved and we literally need the next Klopp/Poch/Biesla/Hassanhuttl nutter in trackies who has the team pressing like mad.

Brands hasnt helped matter by neglecting pace in the side and just signing tugboats who can't break with any type of pace.

He is facing the exact same problems Everton managers have for a long time. The players still aren´t good enough. We all got carried away by Doucoure and Allan in the first few weeks. They look well off the pace.

Our best player either isn´t capable of running or doesn´t want to and there is just a general lack of goals in the team.

Wolves and Leicester look well further on than us right now. I think 9th is the most realistic achievement for this team, which is extremely depressing given the optimism of the first few weeks.

We are playing a very dangerous game right now, we are setting up to defend but we are woeful at defending, it's well and truly a recipe for disaster.

There's potential for a lot of goals in this team, compared to last season (at least with Richarlison back) but the defence has regressed from last season and are conceding 2 or 3 a game, even in comfortable wins against the dregs of Brighton and West Brom at home.

If we want to challenge at the top we can't be so poor defensively. Doucore and Allan were supposed to tighten the midfield and make the difference, but we've still got a clown in goal which makes the back four nervous.

Hopefully that is the last time we see Sigurdsson start. Iwobi is useless if he can't get on the outside and take on a defender. While I'm not saying he should fall on his sword Carlo has to take personal blame for how we play. We have to be either well drilled defensively or have a multitude of attacking options. At the moment we have neither.

We have to move the ball quickly to the final third to stop teams taking shape and easily stopping us.

Not sure anyone is saying he’s not allowed to be criticised mate.

I’m his biggest fan but he set us up wrong last weekend and think he made the wrong subs today, at the wrong times. Also think he does have a fetish for Sigurdsson and it really irks me.
So did Silva. Really cant understand it. Look siggy has certain qualities but 1 play today summed him up in an everton jersey for last 2 seasons.

He received the ball on the halfway line in first half. There wasnt a player within 20 feet of him in all directions. In fact he had around 40 feet of space directly ahead of him. A player with drive and winning mentality would carry the ball forward quickly. Seeking a chance to put some pressure on utd.

Siggy turned around and passed to center back.

The reaction is OTT and dramatic. We don't hold to account any manager, especially one of his stature - on the basis of a couple of weeks.

It's fickle and strips out all context.
I don’t think people are saying it’s just a couple of weeks or 3 games though. Last season, we produced some of the worst performances under him. Particularly post lockdown it was woeful. I’m just shocked at the amount of goals we are conceding. They should be better drilled and organised defensively under a world class manager. Wouldn’t you think? At least be hard to beat?

Ancelotti chooses to play Pickford, Sigurdsson, etc.

That’s a mistake in my view. He needs better options though. At the moment they are Gomes who everyone on here seems to hate and a second choice keeper on loan who Roma didn’t want and wasn’t our first option either. It’s hardly as though he’s overlooking world class options.

Nonsense........Southampton lose Ings for their match last night. And still win easily. The rs haven't lost since saint Virgil has been out. We miss our best player and lose three matches on the bounce.
Awful football.......And awful management in recent weeks. As bad as anything Silva served up.
Not saying that Don Carlo must go. Far from it. But he's been at Everton long enough to know what works. And what doesnt.
Looks like at the present time that we are a one man team. The results show that. And our world class manager doesn't seem to know how to change all that. Maybe throw more money at everything in the next two windows. Richarlson and more money........problem solved.

It's simple for me, outwork the other team and there is no discussion, we have been so passive with no bite and it's not how Everton should be playing.

Today United also showed no workrate, but it was still enough to get the result, Next we have Fulham probably the worst team in the league and Im sure we will be outworked again.

Nonsense........Southampton lose Ings for their match last night. And still win easily. The rs haven't lost since saint Virgil has been out. We miss our best player and lose three matches on the bounce.
Awful football.......And awful management in recent weeks. As bad as anything Silva served up.
Not saying that Don Carlo must go. Far from it. But he's been at Everton long enough to know what works. And what doesnt.
Looks like at the present time that we are a one man team. The results show that. And our world class manager doesn't seem to know how to change all that. Maybe throw more money at everything in the next two windows. Richarlson and more money........problem solved.

Read it again

Hopefully that is the last time we see Sigurdsson start. Iwobi is useless if he can't get on the outside and take on a defender. While I'm not saying he should fall on his sword Carlo has to take personal blame for how we play. We have to be either well drilled defensively or have a multitude of attacking options. At the moment we have neither.

We have to move the ball quickly to the final third to stop teams taking shape and easily stopping us.

Sadly mate unless we change system to a 2 man midfield or unless Davies is given a chance and miraculously turns into Piro I fear there’s a lot more of Sigurdsson to come. I don’t know why and again it really irks me but Ancelotti seems to like him a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.