Things we learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabet

Player Valuation: £1.5m
So, last 3 games summed up:

1) It's too easy to close off right side/James with no attacking threat from left for pretty much any team in the PL now.
2) Allan/Douc can't have the midfield locked with Siggy there since it's 10v11 from start. Not having Richy track back doesn't help when you know our other winger ain't used to defensive tasks. So basically, 2 defensive holes on both wings and another one in midfield. Think that's too much for those two or anyone to cover.
3) Only 2 months till January transfer window, hopefully no injuries and stupid red cards again till we can buy some players for rotation. No matter how good the start of the season was, the team is 1 injury/suspension away from shambles.
4) A decision going Everton way never happening again this season after that VVD witch hunt.
5) Carlo is stubborn with his selection, but if you've watched AC Milan or any of his previous teams you'd know that already. Expect Siggy back next week.

Defence is so frail

Sigurdsson is a man down

Why is tosun coming on when we need creators really didn't get his introduction and he was so slow and poor on the ball

That quite a number of them don’t care. Only 1-2 down and for the last ten mins plus injury time a number of them barely broke sweat. And then a few of them laughing and hugging Utd players after. They could have gone top of the bloody table with a win today. There should be no more clearly motivating factor but evidently they don’t share that view.

That quite a number of them don’t care. Only 1-2 down and for the last ten mins plus injury time a number of them barely broke sweat. And then a few of them laughing and hugging Utd players after. They could have gone top of the bloody table with a win today. There should be no more clearly motivating factor but evidently they don’t share that view.
I wouldn't say the team is crap. I'd just say it's hard to expect of players you've actively tried to ship off during last transfer window to come and deliver a result. That's probably the explanation behind your 'not even trying' comments. What the hell should they even try for? They know they're out of the club first transfer window.

Why is tosun coming on when we need creators really didn't get his introduction and he was so slow and poor on the ball
Don't think we have a creator on bench honestly. On that note, don't think we got anyone on the bench. At least Iwobi is proving to be a decent impact sub if nothing else.

We’ve learnt that we’re still missing a bit of a playmaker to knit the midfield together.
As I said, it's hard when you're a man down on midfield from the kick off. Normally, with Richarlison on the pitch he does so much work defensively that Allan / Douc can cover James' side with no problem which in turn means James can play his game. And honestly, Gomes had more impact than Siggy in games he started. I'd understand him getting dropped for someone better than him, but Siggy... C'mon...

Status
Not open for further replies.