Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the set up was to get width from the full backs which didn’t work as the reserves are not up to it (yet?) but personally don’t think Kenny is good enough.

The only other option Carlo didn’t try was Gordon for whatever reason.

Need to stop conceding asap but don’t think that can happen until we have somebody fit enough to replace Mina & get Seamus back

i am wondering if this have anything to do with Gordon knocking on his door when seeking for explanation why he is not getting more minutes In PL after he played in two Cup matches , Carlo is old school manager not sure if that was cleaver move by Gordon , since then he is gone

i am wondering if this have anything to do with Gordon knocking on his door when seeking for explanation why he is not getting more minutes In PL after he played in two Cup matches , Carlo is old school manager not sure if that was cleaver move by Gordon , since then he is gone
Ancelloti said it was a good thing for Gordon to do, because it showed the right attitude.

This place turns to the dogs when we lose, Just heads falling clean off everywhere and it's mad depressing to read the same crap just because we lose a game, 7 games into a season seen numerous posts saying season in tatters or season is over, You absolute cry baby individuals, You people look for reasons to be sad or angry.
Have a nice life lads.

Very disheartening today, just the manner in which we "played",slow paced, no quick movement of the callback to the sideways/backward passing of last season, yes probably four of our best performers were out but we should still have performed with more verve, christ we hasd the chance to go back to the summit but games like these make you question the desire and mentality of a number of our squad.Only positive for me was Olsen,very calm display, penalty and a Mina cock up for the second gave him little chance.

I know they’re never given as just classed as a “clash of heads” but Newcastle defender head butted dcl and didn’t touch the ball ! In the penalty box ! Only difference I see from Gomes pen is that it was feet/legs ? Why is one a pen and not the other ?

Honestly like we played like we did the last ten mins all game we would have won that 4-2 easy. Like how can you suddenly decide ‘oh we need to score so let’s try get two in last few mins’. Why not have that mentality from the poxy kick off.

Honestly like we played like we did the last ten mins all game we would have won that 4-2 easy. Like how can you suddenly decide ‘oh we need to score so let’s try get two in last few mins’. Why not have that mentality from the poxy kick off.

Tbf when you put more attack minded players on thats what tends to happen.

Gomes
Siggurdsson
Delph
Allan

None of them want to get near the penalty box so why all 4 played is astonishing.

I was fine with 352 as atleast having two up top meant we could play more direct and have someone feeding off DCL's flick ons but that set up today was God awful.

Worst managerial performance of Ancelotti's to date at the club.

We needed a bit more guile from the start. A more attacking selection and I think we would have got at least a point if not more. Didn’t give them enough to think about until far too late.

Ancelloti said it was a good thing for Gordon to do, because it showed the right attitude.
You right , he did said that but also Gordon never get a proper chance after that , last match he gave him garbage time and today he wast even on bench
if you as a manager wasnt happy with your LF and RF last match does t make it sense for me to start today with 6 midfielders and then in 65 minutes your first sub is LF for LCM , sorry mate but not sure what Carlo wanted today and I am sure that player didn’t understood as well :(

This place turns to the dogs when we lose, Just heads falling clean off everywhere and it's mad depressing to read the same crap just because we lose a game, 7 games into a season seen numerous posts saying season in tatters or season is over, You absolute cry baby individuals, You people look for reasons to be sad or angry.
Have a nice life lads.

Also the negative attitude before the game does no help. in life when you go into anything negative usually it comes right back to you. Off course people will feel vindicated and won the internet because we lost. Instead of thinking about there own mentality. Can’t expect players to be positive for you. It starts with the lad in the mirror.

Another frustrating thing is that we donated 3 points to the Newcastle avoiding relegation fund. They are dreadful. Definitely capable of going down but somehow grind results out throughout the season.

Have a nice life lads.

And when we win people get carried away in the other direction. It's just being a football fan. Not exclusive to this forum or Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.