Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH NEWCASTLE P/C

Rodriguez ruled out of Newcastle

Ancelotti says Kenny is back, Branthwaite also fit. Rodriguez out. Coleman out too
Rodriguez had a "little problem" and "needs to rest for this game but think's he is back next game

Carlo on Southampton defeat
On Southampton: "It was not a good day, we have moved forward. It is important, we want to stay at the top of the table if possible, playing against Newcastle is always difficult. We are focused, the spirit is good and we have confidence for the game."

Carlo on Newcastle
On Newcastle preparation: "We have to be focused on the opposing team of course, because we have to try and find the weakness of the team. But we have to be focused on ourselves most of the time. We are trying to avoid the mistakes against Southampton
The start of the season there were strange results but this means that there is more competitiveness in the Premier League. This is good for the league.

Carlo on strength in depth
I think that the fact we have players out, it's important to know the quality of the squad.

Carlo on injuries
On injuries this season: "I saw the report, I think that it's a really busy schedule. We had a lot of games in September, but after the international break we only had one game a week so for us it's not so bad. Of course the managers are concerned for this [more injuries]

Carlo's message to Everton Women
Firstly, everyone in the club is really excited for this final, it's a great opportunity to increase the history of this club. The message I can say to them is don't go to play the final, go to win the final

Carlo on Anthony Gordon
On Gordon: "I think Anthony Gordon has the same possibility to play as the other players in the squad. I have to choose the first 11 and as I say to the players all the time it's not important to start the game, it's important to be involved. The target is to help the team.

Carlo on substitutions
For sure I'm not going to finish with this 11, usually now there are three substitutions and I'm used to using all of the substitutions

More on Gordon
On Gordon hunger: "This is good to have motivation, for a young player motivation is really important. Every single day being focused and showing a good spirit. Anthony is doing this, and also if he needs to talk to me he has to show his personality. This is good for our team.

Carlo on Sigurdsson
On Sigurdsson: "Gylfi can play with James, without James, he can play everywhere. He has the quality which gives him the quality to play in different positions on the pitch, this is my opinion.

No James then....

Pickford

Kenny - Mina - Keane - Nkounku

Allan
Doucoure
------- Gomes ---

Iwobi ----------------- Gordon
DCL

The right-hand side looking very short of quality all of a sudden.. but not sure if we have many other options?

starting left and right side all out all out...

Iwobi on the right? Going to need a strong performance from the other ten then!

it's almost like every team will look bad when your 3 best players are out. o well, luckily Newcastle are a bang average team so we'll need to dig in and get something here which is easily achievable.

Good lord is he wrong about Sigurdsson

“He can play everywhere”

But hang on, his fans on here have been telling us he can only play as a number 10 with two holding midfielders behind him, in a blue kit, long sleeved, with his hair gelled to the left hand side, in black and white boots, with white shinpads, in overcast weather, between 15-20 degrees, and we just haven’t provided him with such an environment since he joined???

We aren’t getting anything from this game without Digne, Richarlison and James. Absolutely no chance.
My only hope is if Ancelotti goes super defensive with 3 at the back. Maybe we can score on a corner or free kick. If he goes with same formation as usual we have indeed no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.