Name the best Everton lineup you’ve seen in your lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall
(2) (4) (5) (3)
Stevens-Ratcliffe - Mountfield- Van Den Hauwe.
(7) (6) (10) (11)
Steven Reid Bracewell Sheedy
(9) (8)
Sharp Gray.

A perfect mixture of artistry and aggression.

Goals from all of the outfield players.

A team sublimely balanced, and could actually beat the RS in a derby match.

Lineker would outscored him with ease in any era , with the modern rules he would be getting pens every other game.
I liked Rom but not in his class.
Sooner have big bob as well before him
... and beating the offside trap. Probably would have had more goals to his name if he hadn't been flagged off when he was on. He was quick over 12 yards.

GK. N Southall
DL. L Baines
DR. G Stevens
DC. K Ratcliffe
DC. D Watson
MR. T Steven
ML. K Sheedy
DM. P Reid
AM. T Cahill
STR. W Rooney
STR. G.Linekar

Bench.
N.Martyn
S.Coleman
P.Jagielka
M.Arteta
S.Pienaar
A.Kanchelskis
R Lukaku

Almosts.... Van Den Hauwe, Hinchcliffe, Bracewell, Parkinson, Speed, Heath, Sharpe, Campbell, Ferguson

I only really know Premier League era so here goes.
Southall
Coleman Watson Jagielka Baines
Kanchelskis Arteta Barry Pennard
Yakubu Lukaku

... and beating the offside trap. Probably would have had more goals to his name if he hadn't been flagged off when he was on. He was quick over 12 yards.
This is true, tbh, I didn't even remember Lineker, he would have a field day with VAR keeping him onside.
I went for Lukaku over Latchford purely for his speed and mobility, Latch was a brilliant finisher, but did nothing outside the box (some might say you don't need to)

This is true, tbh, I didn't even remember Lineker, he would have a field day with VAR keeping him onside.
I went for Lukaku over Latchford purely for his speed and mobility, Latch was a brilliant finisher, but did nothing outside the box (some might say you don't need to)
Yeah mate Lineker was like... Off a shovel. There was a goal he scored against Luton in an FA Cup replay at Goodison, he gave Foster and Donachie, I think it was a 2 yard start and beat them to the ball and hit a screamer into the Gwladys St net. I was in the enclosure and right in line with it and his speed shocked me. One of the best goals I ever saw at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.