Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have serious bipolar going from unbeaten top of the league. Striker top scorer in England to predicting Newcastle beating us comfortably over one game.

Liverpool get beat 7-2 and all they kept talking about how they will turn it around immediately. We are all drinking bleach.

Give the lads a chance ffs.

We have serious bipolar going from unbeaten top of the league. Striker top scorer in England to predicting Newcastle beating us comfortably over one game.

Liverpool get beat 7-2 and all they kept talking about how they will turn it around immediately. We are all drinking bleach.

I have the utmost faith in this group, even with the players missing. We will prevail. James, DCL, Nkounkou, Allan, Doucoure, Keane to resume business as usual here and win us the game

Why for me I would go 352 or 451 and pack out the defence/midfield to help Kenny/Nkounkou as we haven't the attacking threat on the pitch to outscore them.

Pickford

Keane Godfrey Mina

Kenny Doucoure Gomes Allan Nkounkou

Simms DCL

Have Nkounkou bursting forward with the midfield covering and Simms up top giving some space for Calvert Lewin to work with.

If we go 433 I doubt we'll win with those 4 out and 2 full backs who are inexperienced in a defence already leaking goals.

Be good experience for Simms aswell and will show if he is anywhere near ready yet for the senior squad.
Christ
You gave you do DCL serious stick when he was playing and not scoring regularly
If Simms plays he had better score a hat trick or else you will have him punted off to league 2
Simms won’t start
Nkounkou won’t start
Delph will start at LB with one of Gordon -Iwobi -Bernard in front of him
Jjk at RB if fit , if not Godfrey
Carlo will not put 2 inexperienced players on the same wing and JJK will offer something in attack

It’s so refreshing going into a game with the aim to stay top rather than to catch up on the European hopefuls. Which has been the aim going into every game for years now up until now.

Why do people think Tom Davies will make a good right back or even wing back? He has no pace or strength, or height. Would be targeted immediately and that's without thinking about his level of footballing intelligence.

He has struggled in his natural position so I dont know why some think having him at full back is a wise idea.

Quite agree with this.

Tbh I dont think he has a natural position he just seems to plug the gaps when we are short of players. It's a shame but I just don't see him with a future here.

That Rucharlison stat ends this weekend. Most of those games were from previous seasons where the team lacked quality.

We had a bad game last weekend. We will turn it around now
I like your positivism, I feel the same way! I have never watched Newcastle, but for what I have read in this forum, we should be able to beat them even without the main guys. Of course, we should never underestimate our opponent but I feel the Team will show their new character winning this match.

Well said @Death! Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the same elating forum that I was reading just a couple of weeks ago. Everyone seems so gloomy and the lack of believe in the Team, while understandable because of past experiences, it's dismaying after only losing one match. I agree, let's give the players a chance to prove themselves and if they don't then we can start with the critique.

I was thinking exactly the same myself

You have him wrong mate. Look at his first post when he signed up the day we lost our unbeaten run. Hardcore him.
4191427C-0141-40BA-9772-CE15B61DC62E.png

Well said @Death! Sometimes I wonder if I'm reading the same elating forum that I was reading just a couple of weeks ago. Everyone seems so gloomy and the lack of believe in the Team, while understandable because of past experiences, it's dismaying after only losing one match. I agree, let's give the players a chance to prove themselves and if they don't then we can start with the critique.

They will.

Give me a battalion of just 50 Sassy Colombian clones and I’d take over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.