2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally he buzzes around breaking stuff up, doesn’t need to worry about attacking too much and knows he needs to be ready to help out on the right because James will leave gaps.
Against Southampton he had:
1. Iwobi giving the same level of support as James so was stretched both sides
2. Godfrey not being a real RB and James offering little help so was needed even more on the right
3. Sigurdsson being anonymous in defence whereas Gomes would at least try and get stuck in and position himself cleverly (remember how he blocked a player ahead of James’ goal against WBA)
4. Iwobi and Sigurdsson offering nothing going forward except a pot shot hitting the bar, meaning he tried to step up and offer more going forward too

Allan was a victim of our poor squad depth up front and our first three choice RBs all being injured (Coleman, JJK, Holgate out of position over Godfrey)

You´re right with this. Really struggled in the last two games against two mobile midfields. Hopefully finds his form over the coming weeks. Think he´d benefit from not feeling like he has to do everything. Looks to be taking too much on.
Don't agree with that, more worrying for me is gomes, his form from he came back from injury hasn't been good.Allan style of play means the other midfielders need to be doing their bit 100%.

Don't agree with that, more worrying for me is gomes, his form from he came back from injury hasn't been good.Allan style of play means the other midfielders need to be doing their bit 100%.

Gomes' firm in general since he joined us hasn't been great. The odd brilliant game to show his talent but no consistency.

Normally he buzzes around breaking stuff up, doesn’t need to worry about attacking too much and knows he needs to be ready to help out on the right because James will leave gaps.
2. Godfrey not being a real RB and James offering little help so was needed even more on the right
3. Sigurdsson being anonymous in defence whereas Gomes would at least try and get stuck in and position himself cleverly (remember how he blocked a player ahead of James’ goal against WBA)
4. Iwobi and Sigurdsson offering nothing going forward except a pot shot hitting the bar, meaning he tried to step up and offer more going forward too

Allan was a victim of our poor squad depth up front and our first three choice RBs all being injured (Coleman, JJK, Holgate out of position over Godfrey)

That's pretty good analysis there. I agree with that. No way he's crap after one game lol. the point is he somehow synched really well with Doucoure, Gomes and James etc very quickly, which was lucky, skilful and great, probably cos they're all so good, but without Coleman and others around him it was tough. I'm sure he'll learn and that's what he said in his interview wasn't it - much more to come when they actually get to know each other!

We just played the 2 teams that play the toughest style for us. One of those being the best team in the league and in the other missing key players and playing Siggy which was a mistake.

Allan and Doucoure will both be fine. They are far down the line in my list of things to be concerned about.

I hear you here, and I'm not jumping on Allan. I think he started really well, showed what a good player he can be, but he's just not played well now for a few games which is probably the amount of games he has played well in. I just think it's worth a post on a forum, im not saying he's crap.
The problem for me in your reasoning is that unfortunately all your points will happen a ot.[ We don't have 11 strong players out there every week. There will generally be weaknesses in our side most weeks. We can't make excuses for players giving the ball away sloppily just because Iwobi's on the left wing. It's like we blame our crap players all the time, and then even blame them when our more favoured players play bad. If he's not playing bad because Godfrey's playing RB, or Sigs alongside him, it's because he's picked up an injury, without any knowledge of him even missing training?
He's not the quickest, that is clear, so his positioning needs to be not as rash. For me in his role, he needs to keep the ball better. Our biggest weakness in our last two games has been our dreadful passing and he has been culpable. Southampton moved the ball quick though and their players are sharp. He may be a big confidence player too, we are still getting to know him as a footballer. Fingers crossed we get the Allan against Spurs on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.