Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Newcastle and good result against United we are on track. Thinking we would have won today next week and week after is dreamland stuff.

Cant win em all even challenging for top four.

Let's be honest - that today is one hell of a kick to the gut, as it confirmed what we all secretly knew. That is we have far too many players we've paid too much for that are nowhere near good enough and we're still a mid table team who could at a stretch break the top six with extreme luck.

The money we paid for "Wobes" makes me legit sad.

I see Crab Iwobi has now received 8 votes!! I suspect Crab is no fool and will detect a sympathy vote component to that number and so I am changing my vote to Snail Keane. I think Crab won’t be as suspicious if he only gets 7 votes...8 is just too obvious

Part of the chorus of "Big Yellow Taxi" spring to mind - look unbalanced without Richarlison and Seamus was sorely needed at right back.

*For those under about 50, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

Today was a bit of a harsh reality check that some needed. We've come on leaps and bounds in just a few mouths and its all happened so quickly that some seemed to think that the hard work is already done. The reality is that Don Carlo's rebuilding process has only just started and this season is only the first major step forward. The good news however is that another few productive transfer window's will see us go even further. If sitting top of the league and winning seven out of our opening nine games (having only lost one) is what we're getting after the Don's first real transfer window then we're going to be an utter beast of a side after a few more!

COYB!

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

What did we expect? We let the media tear us a new one all week pretty much branding us a ditty team, not one ex player coming out in support for Pickford and then we politely rolled out the red carpet so they could do it even more and gain access to our players (Mina interview for Sky) which they used to add more spin to the story. We are far too nice of a club.

Iwobi and Siggy IMO should never be near the pitch or the bench- get rid. Give some of our young players a crack insted of these two.

Where was Gomes?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.