Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What selection would you have done differently out of interest? We have a decnet first 11 and then little quality in reserve.
Gordon should have started, possibly Bernard also. James is not fit and Iwobi should never be near the team. The three subs early doors also was a bad decision as James is carrying that injury.

He lashed out his leg when he was nowhere near the ball in a clear moment of frustration. As I said, it could have been just a yellow, but you take your chances. In light of the tackle just before it, he got red. This is on Lucas

What?

It's the most accidental thing you'll see all season. Never a red in a million. If that was given to an opponent ahead of us we'd all be pissing ourselves.

In isolation its no biggie but we have created so little without Richy and James not being 100%. The worry for me is the massive gulf in quality off our bench. Sigurdsson and Iwobi need firing into the sun. Its a big job sorting out this squad and will take another couple of windows but theres a golden opportunity for us this season and itll be that strength in depth that lets us down.

I don't think quality is the thing there, its incentive to do something. Gordon and the rest of the youth have an incentive to do something; the likes of Iwobi and Siggy don't. I'd much rather have a bench of u23 players than this bench.

For a supposed top 4 hopeful side not to have an established right back in the squad to step in is what's worried me more than the performance today....it's the stuff of amateur football.

Bringing second rate keepers in who'll never get a game seems crazy now, a second rate right back may have helped more today. If Lewin gets injured then it's the same again up front. Gutted.

Gordon should have started, possibly Bernard also. James is not fit and Iwobi should never be near the team. The three subs early doors also was a bad decision as James is carrying that injury.

What has Gordon done since being on?

Bernard has done nothing of any note against anyone decent, and I've always been for giving Bernard chances.

At least Fulham pass the ball around well. We cant even do that

Dry your eyes. End of October for 1st defeat. Wheels hardly fallen off and we've not conceded 7 and are a man down with 2 main players out injured. Saints are a good side. Man up.

Status
Not open for further replies.