Ellis Simms stepping up in place of Kean?

Would You Have Simms Step Up This Season?

• Yes. He plays well at youth level and I think he's ready

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • No. Too soon for him. Sign a replacement instead

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Maybe. Give him some minutes off the bench but still sign someone as well

Votes: 176 49.4%
  • Cheesy Garlic Bread

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simms has made tremendous progress in the past eighteen months, the coaches have really worked on his hold up play, passing , bringing others into the game etc. His work rate is nowhere near DCLs, his heading is poor compared to his size , but one on one with the goalkeeper he’s actually a better finisher than DCL at the same age, though DCL was the better all round player age for age .
In short he’s got a lot of learning to do , hence why weve kept him at FF until at least January, the coaches are still working hard with him. As a late sub for DCL say last 10 mins he’d be fine. The U23s have been playing him as both the middle of a three and a lone striker so he knows what role he needs to play if he does step up.

Even if DCL doesn't pick up any knocks, he's going to play a whole lot of gains, especially as he's an England regular now. I don't really know why we loaned Kean out without having a replacement. When is Tosun available again?

Even if DCL doesn't pick up any knocks, he's going to play a whole lot of gains, especially as he's an England regular now. I don't really know why we loaned Kean out without having a replacement. When is Tosun available again?

Not heard an exact date, but he seems to be back doing some training. Probably another month or so for him, similar for Gbamin.

I can only assume Kean pushed for it?

It really does seem short sighted to not of signed a replacement. But we shall see.

Who plays up front for spurs when Kane isn't playing?

In a few weeks. Think he will be in the match day squad for the Newcastle game.

Status
Not open for further replies.