2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played well in spells this season.

Now he's got a chance to really put himself down.

He'll play on the left. He just needs to be more composed in possession and also make sure he's getting into the box in the way that Richarlison does.

He has plenty of pace and power and James has the quality to pick him out.

Technically he is very good, he is suspect at the hard work end, chasing back... I know many will say its not his game, however, its the managers game alright and its why we sit on top of the league...

It's a big opportunity for him and he needs to take it. He's shown glimpses of good play and good form but not been consistent at any point. If he fails to take his chance this time over the rest of the month, then he might not get another.

I have a feeling he will quite well because we have a much better base now.

Both Iwobi and Gylfi have played better than all of the fan favorites that this forum by and large rates higher. That's just how it is right now.

I do agree that Gordon is the most direct replacement for Richarlison and I also would really like to see us actually get Gordon into matches since we didn't loan him, but Iwobi has been good enough this year in his chances to keep getting them.

Sigurdsson has improved this season yes - but for what we need to challenge the top 4 I dont think Iwobi offers it in terms of not just consistency but fight/desire.

As I said little things like backing out of 50/50 challenges, jogging about in a Derby game, not tracking back and helping out his full back, not running into the box trying to get a shot off / head on the end of a cross.

All the things you need your forwards to do in the modern game - Gordon isn't proven by any stretch but I've seen the lad get into tackles, get taken down, take his full back on and have a few cracks at goal - sort of player that we need with Richarlison out imo.

I hope he gets on the pitch over the next 3 games even if its replacing Iwobi and given a good 20-30 minutes to try make something happen.

Both Iwobi and Gylfi have played better than all of the fan favorites that this forum by and large rates higher. That's just how it is right now.

I do agree that Gordon is the most direct replacement for Richarlison and I also would really like to see us actually get Gordon into matches since we didn't loan him, but Iwobi has been good enough this year in his chances to keep getting them.

How many appearances as a substitute has Gordon had in league this season compared to Iwobi or Gilfy, reckon this will be a big factor...

He has to take this chance now. 3 games without Richarlison.

He must be excited and determined to show the manager that he deserves to be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.