Ref Watch on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahermi1

Player Valuation: £70m
Been done to death this but I think it deserves a mention. Dermot Gallagher, has he ever gone against Liverpool for anything. He said VAR decision was flawed on Saturday, due to VAR official/ referee not going to "step 3" and sending Pickford off and unsure whether there could be a case of retrospective action against Pickford. Looking at it again, Jordan did dive in far too fast and should really have been sent off, we in my view couldn't argue with that. But where I do draw the line is assault / violent conduct, bad tackle yes, but not premeditated or meant to injure player at all.
Richarlison deserved sending off, okay yes, but no studs involved, just came to far to make the challenge and came in too fast.
Looked at Robertson on Allan, this I don't agree with, saw nothing wrong, you know I thought it was snide and definitely foul play, Dermot wrong in Liverpool's favour there without a doubt.
Also no mention at all of Mane diving in on Digne, Mane feigning a kick in the head and Mane slyly tripping up Mina from behind while on the floor. Sky and Dermots narrative definitely set there then, Everton guilty of everything, Liverpool totally innocent. :)

Been done to death this but I think it deserves a mention. Dermot Gallagher, has he ever gone against Liverpool for anything. He said VAR decision was flawed on Saturday, due to VAR official/ referee not going to "step 3" and sending Pickford off and unsure whether there could be a case of retrospective action against Pickford. Looking at it again, Jordan did dive in far too fast and should really have been sent off, we in my view couldn't argue with that. But where I do draw the line is assault / violent conduct, bad tackle yes, but not premeditated or meant to injure player at all.
Richarlison deserved sending off, okay yes, but no studs involved, just came to far to make the challenge and came in too fast.
Looked at Robertson on Allan, this I don't agree with, saw nothing wrong, you know I thought it was snide and definitely foul play, Dermot wrong in Liverpool's favour there without a doubt.
Also no mention at all of Mane diving in on Digne, Mane feigning a kick in the head and Mane slyly tripping up Mina from behind while on the floor. Sky and Dermots narrative definitely set there then, Everton guilty of everything, Liverpool totally innocent. :)
They won't mention Mane kicking Mina because it'd mean he would have to have been sent off (he'd already been booked and its at least a yellow when you do that, no matter how soft) and that would mean there'd be no controversy about the goal, because Mane couldn't have been on the pitch to be offside in the first place. It's not just the normal bias in this case, it's being swept under the carpet to allow the frenzy about the disallowed goal to continue.

....they can talk and analyse all they want, it still finishes 2-2.

This is it, isn't it!?

Honestly I feel this "controversy" couldn't have come at a better time for them; shellacked by Villa and the wheels starting to come off - Now they can accuse big, bad Everton of derailing a title challenge that had already been given an almighty shoeing.

The same Sky that are giving so much impartiality and professionalism reporting on a football incident.

Not sure how anyone can take anything serious that comes from them tbh. They are actually closer to being a parody media outlet than anything that resembles reality.

The only reason for such outrage is because it was on VVD any other RS bar mane/Salah and the wouldn’t care

I see Mark Bosnich is saying Pickford should be banned for the length of time Van Dyke is out injured. He is proposing a whole new way of levying bans. So if VVD is out for three months then Pickford should be out for the same period. No one mentioned this when Son kicked Gomes. By this logic if a player lunges at an opponent and doesn’t connect but gets sent off then he doesn’t get a ban. Or maybe Bosnich only wants this rule to apply to players from outside the top six to give them an even greater advantage in the league.

It's not a red, they've done it to death, if he was onside yeah, but he was in an illegal position, if he wasn't, pickford wouldn't have needed to lunge in like he did.

It's different if he punched him in the face as that's more towards violent conduct. This was foul play, I'm sorry, but that happens every game in footy, in short nobody would even be talking about this still if van dijk wouldn't have had his foot planted on the floor, because he'd have been able to get straight back up.

It was a bad tackle in a contact sport, it happens, if footballers don't want to risk injury then they can go and play netball. Van dijk hasn't moaned about pickford as far as i can tell, he's not asked for him to be banned, so the rest of the media need to shut up, stop crying and just get on with it. Van dijk is on 300k a week, he'll have collected millions in the time he is out injured, it's hardly the end of the world is it? We're in a global bloody pandemic where over a million lives have been lost, pales in comparison. Just because all kopites are babies that have no lives and never move out of their mums house so can't stop crying, doesn't mean this should consume the rest of our lives.

As has been done to death, we have so much more to feel aggrieved about as evertonians but we're actually adults about it and understand.

The same Sky that are giving so much impartiality and professionalism reporting on a football incident.

Not sure how anyone can take anything serious that comes from them tbh. They are actually closer to being a parody media outlet than anything that resembles reality.

Everything they do is calculated. They were wetting themselves last week over the impact Project Big Picture would have on them, with biffs like Sheth and Solehkol weighing in at every opportunity. All the hacks were briefed to attack it, thinly disguised as impartial analysis. They are incapable of providing neutral coverage because the commercial bottom line dictates everything.

Honestly I can’t believe how much attention this is getting, i mean have they gone to the UN yet ?

After all of this and the apparent voluntary blindness to their indiscretions just proves the media bias for LFC

that ref on sky said that Robertson kick was normal and they wonder why their still looking for VVD’s knee

They won't mention Mane kicking Mina because it'd mean he would have to have been sent off (he'd already been booked and its at least a yellow when you do that, no matter how soft) and that would mean there'd be no controversy about the goal, because Mane couldn't have been on the pitch to be offside in the first place. It's not just the normal bias in this case, it's being swept under the carpet to allow the frenzy about the disallowed goal to continue.

Spot on mate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.