Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because pre game many(not all) everton fans seemed convinced that this would be an easy victory...for various reasons...playing well, villa, carlo at Napoli....just remember, 3 points behind flying everton having played chelsea, gunners and you lot. Who've you played bar today? Spurs?...
You really are hurting and crying salt tears
We feed on your pain and salt

Rodriguez, Richalison and Mina all looked off the pace in that game, hopefully they were just a little hungover from international duty..Richarlison's frustration at being a yard behind the pace most of the game showing with that awful challenge.
Gomez in the transition was not good enough, but his positional work was top class.
Keane, Digne, Allan, Doucouré and DCL were our better players for sure, but each one not without an error or two.
Godfrey's performance was pleasing to see.
My biggest concern was the starting of Coleman, just like how we started Richalison the other week when he was clearly not fit enough. We should not be risking players in this way. It was clear that Coleman was not fit enough from the moment that Robertson went past him in the third minute, and though it we lose a substitution that could prove vital later on in the game.

Oh, and Pickford was Pickford.

Didnt even take in that we were top scorers before Spurs yesterday

1603105599374.png

Before the game I expected us to get beaten convincingly, I never expect much in a derby, I can’t be disappointed then.

The most satisfying thing about the Derby and even in other games this season is how we have comeback from going behind. The mentality and confidence in these players is a world away from Silva.

Gomes is definitely the weak link in the midfield, even at his best he is not someone who creates a lot. With Allan and Doucoure doing all the donkey work we need someone more creative who can make things happen, Gomes is neat and tidy but we deffo need a bit extra if we really want to challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.