Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So important that we keep our performance levels high and keep getting wins. We've got these and Newcastle away up next and if we aren't winning them we're slowly sliding down the table.

We played badly on Saturday, but there are mitigating circumstances with key players travelling to South America and others either carrying or just recovered from injury. We now have a full week to prepare and get the performance levels up again.

Mina especially should benefit massively and hopefully be unrecognisable from the figure he cut on Saturday. I feel pretty sure that Carlo will pick Godfrey and iwobi for Coleman and Richarlison but only my opinion so could be wrong, so if the others are all available they could be the only changes.

i know a lot would swap Gomes too but it's perhaps telling that Carlo left him on until well after half time and so sees something in him that others don't. It's his opinion that matters so I reckon he starts again, maybe the less frantic pace as opposed to the pressure of a derby might suit him better anyway.

Iwobil will certainly start and Gordon on the bench. I also think Doucs should be sidelined, he played a lot with us, needs a break, Siggy should be there. Also Gomes shouldn't start for sure.

Iwobil will certainly start and Gordon on the bench. I also think Doucs should be sidelined, he played a lot with us, needs a break, Siggy should be there. Also Gomes shouldn't start for sure.

Why on earth would Doucoure need a rest after 5 league games and 20 mins of cup football? He also didn't play during the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.