2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
EkofrXMWMAEm-60.jpeg.jpg

Look at the action a split second before the image of the, lol, 'brutal assault'
Pickford's natural movement from this brings him towards the camera, Big Virg is headed straight into Pickford with studs raised. Obviously virg clatters Pickford and gets himself injured.
Whiney little gobshites

The amount of people here defending the tackle is shocking. It was an assault and a clear red card and if he gets 5 matches we have nothing to complain about. I though we we're better than them, but I'm beginning to wonder.
It was a 50 50 challenge these things happen.......Son on Gomes for starters no one moaned on the bias of reds ofthe TV pundits FGS......the ball was dead anyway he was offside.......

If it was Adrian doing the same to DCL, most here would have been livid.

What about ism or if-ism doesn’t change anything.

It was a wreckless but unintentional incident. It’s football, it happens. The assault shouts and death threats from your lot to Pickford on social media make youse look desperate. It’s like your players should be exempt from being on the receiving end of challenges like every other clubs get, asking for special VAR reviews after the game, proper desperate. It’s happened. Move on.

It was a wreckless but unintentional incident. It’s football, it happens. The assault shouts and death threats from your lot to Pickford on social media make youse look desperate. It’s like your players should be exempt from being on the receiving end of challenges like every other clubs get, asking for special VAR reviews after the game, proper desperate. It’s happened. Move on.
To much whataboutery we all need to move on.

String

What do you mean by your lot? I've been an Evertonian since 1972 and shouting abuse at players isn't my style. My view on the situation is shared by the whole footballing world, incl Man Utd supporters. I've no problem with people here dissagreing with me, but it doesn't make me less of a supporter.

String
What do you mean by your lot? I've been an Evertonian since 1972 and shouting abuse at players isn't my style. My view on the situation is shared by the whole footballing world, incl Man Utd supporters. I've no problem with people here dissagreing with me, but it doesn't make me less of a supporter.

Because not one single Evertonian would look at that incident and call it an ‘assault’ and would say he did that with malice and intent. The only other footballing world agreeing with those views, from everywhere I can see, are outside of our own fan base. As Evertonians we defend our players and if we need to be honest then we will call it as it is, but in no way shape or form is that an intentional challenge with intent to harm.

What you’re implying is, is that one of our own players thought it would be a great idea to take one of their players out intentionally with intent to harm him and concede a penalty and potentially get himself sent off in a derby? Think about it.

Pickford is a calamity, it’s not the first time he’s been wreckless like that and it won’t the last but he doesn’t intentionally set out to injure or assault players as you and the rest of the so called ‘footballing world’ who are intent on a witch-hunt against him are making out.

As earlier, if he gets banned retrospectively then fair is fair he deserves it for the way in which the challenge came about, but drop the assault thing.

Last edited:
Well I’d certainly have been pretty livid at our physios for making him walk half way round Goodison to the changing rooms on it rather than getting him on a stretcher just in case.
having torn two ACLs myself ,the walking around the pitch wouldn't make any difference, he'd only get pain if there was cartilage damage too that was interfering with the movement, if there's no pain, no further damage will be done. Its a common enough injury and a much more straightforward procedure and rehab these days. He'll be running in straight lines in 5-6 months, playing agin before 9 months is out and good as new for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.