Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo not. We have been meek and crumbled in adversity for the last few seasons. Liverpool have a far better squad than us at this moment, there are very few on here who would disagree with that. But instead of putting 5 at the back and loading the field with defensive midfielders, we fielded the team that has been winning games and attacked when we could. Last season, their first goal would have opened the floodgates, but our lads scrapped and played and made chances despite the gap in quality. This was a massive step forward imo
Yeah, at the end of the day, we fielded our strongest side against their strongest side a team who are champions and walked the league and we held our own and got a draw. In seasons gone by we would have collapsed after conceding an early goal.

I think it should be noted that in no other than the most superficial ways, was that a Goodison derby.

Had the fans been in the stadium, there's no way on earth they'd have started as fast and as bullishly as they did and our players as slowly. They took full advantage of the fact the stadium was empty and they had a point to prove after Villa and it looked more like an Anfield derby for the first 25 or so.

Make no mistake, we've gone toe to toe with them at their best and nearly their strongest and looked a fair match for them. They're still the best team in the league, but I think in these first 5 games, we've now ended any remaining doubt in whether that we're a different side with Ancelotti and the new signings.

Thought the most disappointing thing (outside of maybe Gomes being truly horrific) was I felt we completely blanketed Salah in the 2nd half, only for Mina to pass one straight to him and he put in a great finish.

alright spud, we know JP is our weak point but I'm not aresed about the VvD incident, I want my keeper to put an attacker in fear of their safety, its how it was played when I was playing, a 50:50 with a keeper, expect to get clattered. Unlucky for the greatest player ever to pick up an injury. I hate seeing VAR used for offside, but if them's the rules, the RS gotta suck it up. Like you say, they've had the best of VAR for a long time and managed to get an * on the back of it,. Close calls going against them and injuries to key players is something every team apart from them have had to live with. (Waves to the RS lurkers)

I’m with you over the keeper. I want forwards to be very wary when he comes charging out....

As disappointing as it is to lose our perfect record I think we are best just drawing a line under this whole game and getting on with our lives. I don’t want any of us melting down or exploring legal action against another team or player so let’s lock the thread and reopen it if the PL decide retrospectively to change the result as per the opposition’s very noble request. We will get over our disappointment in time I’m sure.

You are right as always Chico, sometimes we allow the emotion to get to us. I think we should just accept that Klopp and Co were treated unfairly by the referee, VAR and ourselves. Perhaps we should join with them in trying to get this result overturned and perhaps even join the socially distanced march.....

The RS behavior really says everything about their pathetic club and fanbase. The moment things don't go their way, they are outraged. They expect things be given to them like spoiled brats simply because of who they are. Not giving them preferential treatment is deemed an injustice. In their minds, not getting away witch cheating is as outrageous as all of the world's historical human rights violations and oppression.

They have shown their colors. They are weak, spoiled, ungrateful, cheating scum.

One word only fits: PATHETIC

The RS behavior really says everything about their pathetic club and fanbase. The moment things don't go their way, they are outraged. They expect things be given to them like spoiled brats simply because of who they are. Not giving them preferential treatment is deemed an injustice. In their minds, not getting away witch cheating is as outrageous as all of the world's historical human rights violations and oppression.

They have shown their colors. They are weak, spoiled, ungrateful, cheating scum.

One word only fits: PATHETIC
You learned fast;)

Status
Not open for further replies.