VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose us big clubs will get used to dodgy decisions going our way thanks to VAR. .
There's nothing dodgy about it. Everyone moaned before VAR came in that there was inconsistency in decisions. Now they're moaning that a decision is too close to call so should be ignored. Offside is offside, regardless of whether it's 1mm or 1m deffierence.

Where there was inconsistency was Pickford not being sent off but then richarlison being sent off. That seems to be due to a misunderstanding of the laws of the game. Pickford's challenge was far worse than richarlison's as well.

There's nothing dodgy about it. Everyone moaned before VAR came in that there was inconsistency in decisions. Now they're moaning that a decision is too close to call so should be ignored. Offside is offside, regardless of whether it's 1mm or 1m deffierence.

Where there was inconsistency was Pickford not being sent off but then richarlison being sent off. That seems to be due to a misunderstanding of the laws of the game. Pickford's challenge was far worse than richarlison's as well.

Rules are rules. Their defender was offside so the collision wasn’t count. The third ‘goal’ was offside, the reds lovers are moaning because they have a certain stand. The var is computer technology related, everything is calculated through computer so an offside is an offside.

I still hate VAR, but we got a massive let off even though i dont get how we did lol to many similar things can go so many ways depending who is in charge at that point
Uncle Uzzy: “Hello is the the VAR ref for the Blues vs pushers match? This is a immensely wealthy person wholly up associated with the club speaking. No you don’t need to know my name, just understand this, if the var decisions go the blues way, you shall spend a few weekends on a superyaught, guzzling champagne, snorting the finest Columbia has to offer and absolutely smothered in high class €10k per hour call girls“.

VAR ref: “and if they don’t go the blues way“?

Uncle Uzzy: “If you look out of your bedroom window, you will see a row of five blacked out range rovers. The men in those vehicles shall play a full 90 minute replay of the derby on your front lawn, using your cookers as the match ball, one of e each half“. the choice is your my friend, but you only have ten seconds to decide”.

...if any part of a player that he can legitimately score a goal with is in an offside position, then he’s offside. Apparently the upper arm covered by the shirt sleeve now counts. As per MoTD, Mane‘s upper arm was in an off side position.

it was very marginal, but it was off. Build a bridge and get over it.

Pickford‘s clash was reckless and he could’ve been punished, but he meant no malice. It was a football incident, players come together on a football pitch and sometimes they get injured. It happens to players all the time, even untouchable LFC players. Build a bridge and get over it.

Richarlison’s tackle on Thiago was bad and received the appropriate punishment. Thiago continued and played a superb through ball leading to the disallowed Henderson goal whilst Everton had 10 men. Richarlison now misses 3 games. That’s how the game works. Build a bridge and get over it.

I'd get rid of the whole thing. Ever since the Sterling goal against Spurs in the CL, you could see that over time it was going to ruin the immediate joy of scoring a goal. It ruined my enjoyment of the DCL winner against United (though that actually was ruled out in the end) because you could see Sigurdsson and yesterday was another instance of fans being made to look idiots for daring to celebrate a last minute derby winner (as funny as that was). The costs outweigh the benefits for me.

I'm glad we've tested it and am now happy to bin it, accepting that we've tried everything and that sometimes blatant calls will go against you at crucial moments.

I wish they would leave the game alone. constantly changing the rules is helping nobody, the sport got the place it is now just fine, why are people coming along thinking they can change everything about the game? The more corporate this becomes the less of a sporting spectacle it's becoming. VAR will ruin this game if it's not nipped in the bud soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.