Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I was watching it on RMC so I could avoid the biased commentators

It's about time we got some luck in a derby. Pickford showed once again he's capable of the brilliant and horrendous in the same game. It was red, in my eyes. Reckless. At the end of the day, they had to react after their thumping, they denied James and Allan space, esp in the first half, and Gomes was not good. They put in a good performance and we showed how much we have improved - we scored 2, could have had 4.

Now we don't have Richy for 3 games so who's coming in to support DCL?

Without VAR it is a goal...benefit of the doubt to the attackers. We had VAR and they deemed it offside...because technology showed it to be a hairs width offside. Offside is offside so no goal rightly called despite what the pundits say. We did not play well today yet still stay undefeated.

ECFEDEAC-2141-433E-B750-4210B2EDC0AF.jpeg

Good to see some positivity and I largely agree. Think people are/were expecting too much of us now we are top of the league, but we still have a long way to go. Finally, though there is visible progress.

Disagree about pickford though. He played well and I don't blame him for the goal really, but that botched challenge could have seen us down to 10 men a few minutes into the first half, and I just don't know what he was thinking.
He also made 3, possibly 4 excellent saves that a safe hands keeper may not make. His errors didn't cost us today but his saves definitely earned us a point.

If we are going to dish the dirt with him it's only fair to also give praise when due. Two of those saves were world class.

The worst tackle of the game was from that rat Robertson as it was deliberate, he knew what he was doing and then feigned injury afterwards to get away with it.

Nothing said about it though or Mane constantly throwing himself to the floor or VVD deliberately clattering into our players early on.

We got a couple of decisions go our way, no denying that, but the reaction from the RS infested media is ridiculous.

Those two leaps by DCL for the goal and the header over the bar in the 1st half were ridiculous, Ronaldo-like, he took Robertson's soul and he's going to keep adding bodies until the end of the season.

We should get a 60-year-old Sheedy back to replace Richy just to float balls up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.