Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem like his main position is striker. Most of his goals and assists came from LW last season, and we have an abundance of better players in that position already. His next best positions is 'second striker', which is another position where we have many better options than him.

He has one year left on his contract and Bournemouth will be looking for maximum cash for a player that we don't really need, and won't be bidding for.

Having offloaded Walcott, I really don't see the point in bringing in another player with a similar (lack of) ability.
King would be a very vanilla signing. He's certainly not going to improve the team and he'd be classed as deadwood within the squad in a season or two.

It doesn't seem like his main position is striker. Most of his goals and assists came from LW last season, and we have an abundance of better players in that position already. His next best positions is 'second striker', which is another position where we have many better options than him.

He has one year left on his contract and Bournemouth will be looking for maximum cash for a player that we don't really need, and won't be bidding for.

He's an all-round forward and that's what we need.

But he isn't the quality that's going to massively push us on (Zaha is an example that would really push our squad to the next level imo).

Our issue is with letting Kean go, and to a lesser extent Walcott. It has left us a bit short if we get injuries or suspension or just general build up of games leading to fatigue for DCL/Rich, who are going to be our two options there.

Who are these 'second striker' options? We have DCL and Richarlisson. Tosun is injured and Simms is not ready.

Having offloaded Walcott, I really don't see the point in bringing in another player with a similar (lack of) ability.
King would be a very vanilla signing. He's certainly not going to improve the team and he'd be classed as deadwood within the squad in a season or two.
King is not a similar player to Walcott. King is actually a football player. I do not want to say he is better than DCL and Richarlison per. today, but he is much better than Bernard and Iwobi. My only concern is his injury history and that he will be overpriced.

So much better than Three-O IMHO.

He coming? I seriously doubt it. This will shock me even more than Olsen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.