Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue for Brooks is of course the price. I do wonder if we are hedging, hoping Brooks and Sarr come down in price if they don't get promoted.

To some degree, it's also why I can see some retience of PL teams giving championship teams money. I mean they are asking for £40m for players and pleading poverty, which does feel a bit odd.

I think you get him for 25-30 mill with add ins similar to Godfrey mate. The price doesn’t concern me given his age and value as an investment, it’s whether we can add to our cost base, which we probably can’t or need an input from a clever out or a regulation amnesty.

Cant see it myself, but he would be the one I’d be interested in, if we got drunk and woke up the next morning with a pocket full of change.

If he's good enough, he'll get chances. If he isn't, then he won't.

It's not a good enough excuse not to strengthen the squad to say that youth will be left behind and a well managed club won't let that happen anyway. There are plenty of top teams out there with loads of options, but where the best young prospects have managed to earn their place on merit.
know, it does feel like the kind of underwhelming signing we'd make in recent past which usually doesn't turn out great when we feel like this. I don't think we can rely on youth with such an opportunity thats here, though. We need someone in. It's a shame of we can resolve this as we may come to rue it if the opportunity is lost

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.