Best atmosphere at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one for me was Moyes first game at home v Fulham. Felt like change was in the air after pretty low times. Unsworth scored within the first five mins if I remember rightly and the place erupted.

also, when we came back from a goal down to Southampton when chasing top 4, Radzinski smashed a corker in to win it in the last minute, atmosphere was electric.

I was also lucky enough to be at the Bayern game and the Fiorentina game was special too, but with a bad ending.

Opening minute I think. We battered them for half an hour and then Gravesen got sent off.

Moyes final game was a great atmosphere too. We should have put far more past West Ham that day.

For those that witnessed that magical night under the lights at Goodison with the defeat of the German champions Bayern Munich. The atmosphere for me will remain the best as long as I live. Can any one recall anything as near to it? I do remember the night we knocked Southampton out of the FA cup with Eammon O'Keefe's winner in front of 58, 000 fans inside and the gates being locked before kick off. That atmosphere was electric. Any other memories from blues?

The night we played Inter Milan and that bribed referee disallowed Roy Vernon's perfectly good goal.

I was in lower GSE right behind the goal.

It was the Gosling Derby for me. We played them 3 times in the space of a few weeks, a draw, another draw and then 0-0 and into extra time. The build up of tension after he turns one way and then the other, I was in the Gwladys Street so I was struggling to see where the ball was with all the heads moving side to side, and then when it finally went in...will never forget it. That was my first great Goodison experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.