Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget it was these two teams who threw a match to save the other being relegated .They have the morals of -sorry they don't have any.
Not quite as I thought :-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1915_British_football_match-fixing_scandal

Always suspect the so-called big 6 for their hidden motivation which is to have a European Super League and to hell with the rest of us. However it should not be assumed that the covid crisis does mean the end of EFL clubs. I have no clue how their financial losses can be offset except definitely not by the tax payer. I would certainly scrap the League Cup. The FA Cup although suffering like the League Cup should be retained.

I think there is an arguement to say if they really wanted it, they would gone and done it by now. My take is it is a handy threat for the "big 6" to dangle of the PL itself and the remaining clubs.

Im a Fulham fan just checking out other forums to see opinions on this issue.

Had to make an account just to comment on this [Poor language removed] your spouting.

Firstly the way you talk about Fulham and Norwich is probably the same way the top 6 clubs refer to Everton.

Expected better from Everton fans who are normally classy and understand that this is a working mans game.

Fulham would vote to represent the interest of clubs like us that have aspirations just like the others that are often forgotten.

Be careful what you wish for...
Class how you focus on one post that is a little more ‘controversial’ and ignore the other 95% of the thread that is utterly appalled at the proposals. One club one vote is the fabric of our league be it United or Bournemouth.
Come on mate, read the room

So basically it's Liverpool and United saying to the FA 'sure, we'll help financially support the rest of the EFL, but we want more power and governance over the sport in return'..

Some of the proposals actually seem alright, but it just doesn't sit right with me that certain clubs in the division will essentially be calling the shots, even if that does also include us. It'll never take in my opinion.

Class how you focus on one post that is a little more ‘controversial’ and ignore the other 95% of the thread that is utterly appalled at the proposals. One club one vote is the fabric of our league be it United or Bournemouth.
Come on mate
You're right. Literally every post was in line with my views and like I say, Everton fans are always top class.

Just had to vent when i read that!

apologies

You're right. Literally every post was in line with my views and like I say, Everton fans are always top class.

Just had to vent when i read that!

apologies
Nah mate no worries, I went on a bit of a lurk myself on other forums from RAWK to the Pinkun to get the general view, it’s easy to get a little affronted when you see someone badmouth your club. No need to apologise.
The whole thing stinks of a wolf in sheep’s clothing doesn’t it? Moral blackmail to twist PL clubs to ‘support the EFL’ whilst grabbing the real prize of control.
I will be devastated if Everton agree to this, absolutely devastated.

• Everton, Southampton and West Ham would be granted special status in the plans, along with the so-called 'big six'.

That's nice of them.

Cheeky sods.

As I said in world football;

Absolute scummy behaviour.

Exploitive and the sad thing is I don't expect anything less.

The rest of the league should produce their own proposed changes - all clubs have the same salary, and transfer cap with a player draft system. :dodgy:

Make the league actually competitive again.

Im a Fulham fan just checking out other forums to see opinions on this issue.

Had to make an account just to comment on this [Poor language removed] your spouting.

Firstly the way you talk about Fulham and Norwich is probably the same way the top 6 clubs refer to Everton.

Expected better from Everton fans who are normally classy and understand that this is a working mans game.

Fulham would vote to represent the interest of clubs like us that have aspirations just like the others that are often forgotten.

Be careful what you wish for...

Why are you focusing on that one post when the vast majority of posters on GOT have been shooting this idea down?

I would be so gutted if we supported this. You know full well though that the threat would be there, that if we don't, we'll be pushed out the club and not be considered.

This is just a disgrace. The reason people like the Premier League is because it has the appearance of being more competitive- even though a lot of the same teams finish in the same places. The thing that makes it more competitive is the distribution of prize money etc.

If they want to cement their places at the top, and want a quid pro quo to save EFL clubs, why not just push to abolish FFP?

Ultimately it makes competition less fair as certain clubs can throw even more money at it, but that at least doesn't change the whole governance of the game.

Better still, these clubs should just realise that football is a pyramid, and if you get rid of the lower levels, you end up with a pathetic little triangular tip sticking out of the sand instead of a spectacular construction.

In life, politics and football people have become spectacularly selfish and myopic - the concept of fairness, equality and the wider good has just completely disappeared.

So basically it's Liverpool and United saying to the FA 'sure, we'll help financially support the rest of the EFL, but we want more power and governance over the sport in return'..

Some of the proposals actually seem alright, but it just doesn't sit right with me that certain clubs in the division will essentially be calling the shots, even if that does also include us. It'll never take in my opinion.
Don't be fooled. This is basically putting the EFL on benefits. Keep them just comfortable enough, but with no prospect of ever having anything else. As soon as they got the power, they'd make sweeping changes. Sky already saying there's nothing to stop them voting to own the TV rights to sell their own games outright.

This is nothing more than American owners trying to bleed our sport dry.

Call me an old romantic but i like the idea of the Harrogates and Barrows of this world being in with a chance of going fro National league to the Premiership under the right guidance, to take that sort fairy-tale away from these clubs is pure wrong and a money grabbing stunt for the already rich clubs. we have to fight this for the sake of football.

The RS and Manu have waited and waited for their opportunity to take over the prem, even threatening a break away Euro league. Now they smell scent of victory due to coronavirus and how it's affecting the finances of football. They'll be ruthless if/when this gets the nod. RS commentators can pontificate all they like but they know they adn Manu have a loaded gun.

Why sooner or later English football needs to change

Status
Not open for further replies.