Old Everton Pictures

The Catt in a tracksuit - notice Chairman John Mores there that's why, showing off some good future youngsters to him -
1602503880956.png

Anyone who saw Johnny Haynes play, What was he like? From what I've read, he comes across as a technicall gifted modern inside forward.
was only about six or seven when Haynes was playing. But by all accounts he was just as you described. A very technically gifted footballer.
A mainstay in the Fulham team for about 20 years.
And he captained England many times. And of course he will always be remembered as the first £100 per week footballer.
I remember reading that he was nicknamed "the maestro". And that he was comfortable using both feet. A top..top footballer by all accounts.......

was only about six or seven when Haynes was playing. But by all accounts he was just as you described. A very technically gifted footballer.
A mainstay in the Fulham team for about 20 years.
And he captained England many times. And of course he will always be remembered as the first £100 per week footballer.
I remember reading that he was nicknamed "the maestro". And that he was comfortable using both feet. A top..top footballer by all accounts.......
Also, he was the highest paid footballer in the league at the time - I remember seeing him on the TV he was a very good player for England.....