2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of Calvert-Lewin's finishing lately has been eerily reminiscent of Jelavic's first six months, when I genuinely believed that I was watching the new van Nistelrooy (his April '12 PotM win must have been around the time of a goal against Newcastle that sent me into rapture).

Of all the intangibles in football, confidence has got to be the most powerful.

Was thinking the same with the Jelavic comparison. So many of his finishes are one touch. Thankfully his athleticism is far superior to Jelavic so we most likely won't see such a sharp drop off.

What a brilliant moment for him this is. Debut goal for England and player of the month award. He'll be absolutely flying for the next while on this momentum.

Was thinking the same with the Jelavic comparison. So many of his finishes are one touch. Thankfully his athleticism is far superior to Jelavic so we most likely won't see such a sharp drop off.

What a brilliant moment for him this is. Debut goal for England and player of the month award. He'll be absolutely flying for the next while on this momentum.
I hope we support him the most when he has a lean spell and doesn’t score for 5-10 games !

The Arsenal fans doing the rounds on social media putting pictures of DCL in an Arsenal shirt are absolutely comical. The lad is in the form of his life right now in a team that's really going places and working under arguably the best manager in the whole world but he's gonna drop all of that to go to Arsenal who couldn't attract flies to crap as they are and play under a totally unproven rookie manager who has z cars as his ringtone and wears Everton pyjamas! :hayee:

8118AE9A-C7D6-4B26-903C-010142A9AAC6.jpeg

What a few months for DCL, he's become a man instead of a gangly youth, blossoming as a player, smashing them in for the Blues, EPL Player of the month, role model for professionalism and then scores on his full England debut.

If you had a dream like that you'd wake up going 'yeah, as if'

What a few months for DCL, he's become a man instead of a gangly youth, blossoming as a player, smashing them in for the Blues, EPL Player of the month, role model for professionalism and then scores on his full England debut.

If you had a dream like that you'd wake up going 'yeah, as if'

Then Carlo Ancelotti picks you in a team including James.

Would buckle my brain as a 23 year old that.

Status
Not open for further replies.