2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe we've ended up with an injured Tosun as our 3rd choice CF. I do think the way we've been playing could suit him but he's not even fit.

To be honest, I think Tosun could be okay in the current side. Like Gomes(but without all of the talent and charisma) he is a little slower and seem to most struggle when he didnt have space. Some players have good quality on the ball but cant handle the extra pace and aggression of the premier league where you have less space.

What Tosun does well is strike the ball well His issue was he could never get space to do so and couldnt make it himself. Now with a team that does that for him, he may actually fit okay where all hes asked to do is hold it up and then strike it cleanly. Obviously hes not a great player, but hes one that tactically might actually fit as a stop gap better than other players of his skill level.

Just dont think he's good enough. Wanted him to be but for me time and time again he proved he wasn't.

To be honest, I think Tosun could be okay in the current side. Like Gomes(but without all of the talent and charisma) he is a little slower and seem to most struggle when he didnt have space. Some players have good quality on the ball but cant handle the extra pace and aggression of the premier league where you have less space.

What Tosun does well is strike the ball well His issue was he could never get space to do so and couldnt make it himself. Now with a team that does that for him, he may actually fit okay where all hes asked to do is hold it up and then strike it cleanly. Obviously hes not a great player, but hes one that tactically might actually fit as a stop gap better than other players of his skill level.

I completely agree mate. Space is at a premium if the players behind you can’t create it. With our midfield, space will present itself and this will allow Cenk, limited as he is to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.