2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please elaborate on this and back up how hes better than tosun. I mean what's he actually done. Tosun obviously isn't a top level striker but he has the right attitude and if we were in a tight away game looking for a late goal I would always take tosun over kean based on what I've seen from both players.

Kean is young and can improve. Tosun is immobile and doesn't suit this league. And he has had a very serious injury.

I've never been a Tosun fan. Inside 20 minutes I knew he lacked the pace and technique to be a good Premier League centre forward.

Kean is young and can improve. Tosun is immobile and doesn't suit this league. And he has had a very serious injury.

I've never been a Tosun fan. Inside 20 minutes I knew he lacked the pace and technique to be a good Premier League centre forward.

I'm not saying I'm tosuns biggest fan either but I've seen enough of Kean to know that he will offer nothing for us. The last straw was when he came on for us as a sub and done a Rabona and gave away a foul in a good position. That summed him up.

He struggled against Salford too and the fact that Allegri at Juve released him and now Carlo has should be enough for you to know that he is not going to cut it.

Tosun at least is a player who is good for squad harmony and will always give his best.

I'm not saying I'm tosuns biggest fan either but I've seen enough of Kean to know that he will offer nothing for us. The last straw was when he came on for us as a sub and done a Rabona and gave away a foul in a good position. That summed him up.

He struggled against Salford too and the fact that Allegri at Juve released him and now Carlo has should be enough for you to know that he is not going to cut it.

Tosun at least is a player who is good for squad harmony and will always give his best.
He's still injured Tuson is he not?

Glad he's gone and I know we have to support players even when they're bad. But being on loan now allow me to say it, he's crap and a liability. He can't finish. His movement is terrible. He's a flair player without the goals and performances that should couple that arrogance. He was a colossal waste of money that we will never get a return on. Was hoping the PSG loan would become permanent.

From a Talent Development standpoint, there are a few red flags with Kean that perhaps explain the decision.

I think while he is a talented player, he seems to have reached a level that he's comfortable with and hasn't shown much desire to push on. Whenever he's been challenged with playing a different role or adapting his style of play, it always seems like he's not been up for the challenge. Compare that to DCL who had to play a variety of roles and did so with enthusiasm and it's a red flag he won't progress.

From a few articles in the Athletic with regards to the culture of the club, it's evident they are looking for very team orientated players and it's difficult to see Kean fitting that model. Rodriguez could also be seen as perhaps outside that ideal, but the class he brings is worth it. Kean didn't demonstrate that x-factor that would be worth making an exception.

It's difficult to put any stock in reports about his training performance. Without sitting there and watching it or looking at his GPS data from a session all we have is standard PR pieces.

I’d say his mum being there when he signed was an early red flag - one of those tricky concepts to explain but the more distance between a players working environment and the parents tends to be indicative of a player who can be developed better (with exceptions of parent coaches).

Would probably be a fascinating case study.

Much rather have Tosun than Kean and I was really excited about Kean when he joined.

At least Tosun has shown he can score off limited chances (when allardyce was in charge). And I dont expect him to run around like a headless chicken. He can score with one touch finishes, get him in and around the box and I would have higher hopes for him to score than Kean. We are playing a game now where our striker isn't doing all the running, they are scoring goals around the 6 yard box.

We were 5-2 up. If there's ever a time to try something, it's then

Status
Not open for further replies.