Confirmed Signing Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wish they’d go for an up and coming goalkeeper like Marco Carnesecchi...young, excellent and getting better every year. Pay good money for him and have him around for decades.

Sometimes I wish they’d go for an up and coming goalkeeper like Marco Carnesecchi...young, excellent and getting better every year. Pay good money for him and have him around for decades.
Not what's currently needed. We need a calm, unspectacular 7/10 goalkeeper with experience. It doesn't sound like this guy is it, but I'm guessing he did ok for Cagliari last season and regained the confidence he probably lost at Roma. Italian fans are pretty unforgiving so he may be fine. As others have said, a loan signing indicates that we are probably still looking for a new permanent goalie.

There is no proof that we went for either of those players.

I do think we are looking to get by for this season in goal so that we can attack the role properly next summer.

No proof? Come off it.

Not to mention Romero's wife throwing a stop on Instagram last night about Man Utd not letting him go.

For me;

* Pickford has needed competition since day one. He still does.
* Brands brought in Lossl last year on a 3 year deal for apparently on around 50k a month?
* Ancelotti/Brands has spoke of a bloated squad, and Brands the requirement to reduce the wage bill - hence Walcott going on a saving of around £50k a week and Kean.
* People seem to think Olsen will replace Pickford - not for me, Olsen isn't a Pickford replacement, he's a Lossl one.

If Lossl now leaves and goes to Huddersfield or Virginia goes out on loan then fair enough with Olsen, but if not it feels pointless to me. Romero offers Pickford competition, Olsen at best is a mild kick up the arse to him.

No proof? Come off it.

Not to mention Romero's wife throwing a stop on Instagram last night about Man Utd not letting him go.

For me;

* Brands brought in Lossl last year on a 3 year deal for apparently on around 50k a month?
* Ancelotti/Brands has spoke of a bloated squad, and Brands the requirement to reduce the wage bill - hence Walcott going on a saving of around £50k a week and Kean.
* People seem to think Olsen will replace Pickford - not for me, Olsen isn't a Pickford replacement, he's a Lossl one.

If Lossl now leaves and goes to Huddersfield or Virginia goes out on loan then fair enough with Olsen, but if not it feels pointless to me. Romero offers Pickford competition, Olsen at best is a mild kick up the arse to him.

We are not going to pay £10m for a soon to be 34 years old keeper. Loan of course. May just wait till next summer to consider our option. The message is clear. If Pickford does not cut out the mistakes he will be dropped.

I'm happy to overlook the fact that I wasn't asked about this transfer and concede that perhaps someone of Ancelotti's standing in the game might know what he's doing :oops:
I was only OK with this signing because I assumed you'd been consulted.

I have been on this forum for a number of years and have learned to accede to the huge fount of knowledge reposed within. No-one knows more about football than football forum members and i am sure Carlo and Marcel (and Farhad and Uzzi) read and ruminate on opinions propounded within this website.

No proof? Come off it.

For me;

As said earlier...Will be surprised if Olsen plays a minute of prem football

Status
Not open for further replies.