Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see who the ref is! I reckon that shower will come out kicking (like Brighton tried), they will target Richarlison and James and we need a ref who will not be “intimated” by the likes of Henderson, Robertson, and Milner!

Should say intimidated! :pint2:

It’s funny how Liverpool fans are confident that they’ll have their entire first choice 11 available all season (the third in a row they’ve had no major injury to first team player) whilst we’re not even confident of getting all 11 players out on the pitch in the derby.

So annoying. They must have some medical team.

Should say intimidated! :pint2:

Hopefully our mindset has changed. Full team out I think players like mina/digne/allan/dcl can hold their own physically easily against the kopites. I'm more worried about their incredible work rate which I genuinely think is the best from any team I have seen play football.

Allan will most likely not be able to play this one. I don't think the prospect of Gomes Siggy and Doucoure is a good one as for how industrious Doucoure is, I don't think he will make up for the other 2's immobility. I think Davies would have to start with Doucoure and the 3rd is dealers choice for Carlo. Hopefully Godfrey has the IQ to get up to speed fast with the defense incase he's needed. Still no trust in Pickford and we NEED Coleman for this. Also worried about Richy and getting targeted during the game but he's a must play. Cautiously optimistic here though

Its one of those must not lose games.

If we dont win just ensure we take a point - we'll stay top of the league regardless of what happens elsewhere.

We can't let tonight get to our heads and expect to thrash them - they are still a very good team.
Exactly, they had plenty of chances against Villa and if Mane had been playing, more of them would have been converted. Villa also got three ridiculous deflected goals. Whilst it was great to watch, they will be hurting And the best way for them to erase the pain will be punishing us.
They are still a very good team and not losing this one will be a result.

Hopefully our mindset has changed. Full team out I think players like mina/digne/allan/dcl can hold their own physically easily against the kopites. I'm more worried about their incredible work rate which I genuinely think is the best from any team I have seen play football.

Agreed, on the physical side of things I think we’ll be fine! It’s the referee that concerns me - so used to the likes of Souness, Gerrard, Henderson etc etc “refereeing” these games!

Allan will most likely not be able to play this one. I don't think the prospect of Gomes Siggy and Doucoure is a good one as for how industrious Doucoure is, I don't think he will make up for the other 2's immobility. I think Davies would have to start with Doucoure and the 3rd is dealers choice for Carlo. Hopefully Godfrey has the IQ to get up to speed fast with the defense incase he's needed. Still no trust in Pickford and we NEED Coleman for this. Also worried about Richy and getting targeted during the game but he's a must play. Cautiously optimistic here though

Allan won’t be going on the international break. Neither will Doucoure or Gomes. If they can get fit we’ve effectively got two weeks of training for the first choice midfield. Hopefully they all make it.

Agreed, on the physical side of things I think we’ll be fine! It’s the referee that concerns me - so used to the likes of Souness, Gerrard, Henderson etc etc “refereeing” these games!

The best you can hope for is that Anthony ('Altrincham') Taylor gets the gig.
I can't see it happening myself but you never know. The choice of officials
for this game is genuinely crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.