Confirmed Signing Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
His save percentage (which isn't the greatest stat but whatever) was 11 points higher than Pickford's last season but ok, he has no chance of being an upgrade.

And please nobody tell me that the PL is different like people can't shoot in Italy.

Wasn't there a goalkeeping coach that worked really well with Pickford? I don't remember his name, but Silva got rid of him I believe. Maybe bring that coach back, if it will make Pickford sharper. It might work until we can find a decent replacement.

I'd agree the probably are technically at a similar level, but JP's head is gone & he isnt getting back at Goodison. Honestly, I would swap Karius for him, he is that bad now. It's an absolute miracle we have managed 12 points with 3 goals thrown in so far.

This will sound strange, but there was probably a point whereby if Karius went to Everton and Pickford to Liverpool both teams would probably have felt they got an improvement. I think you get to a level as a goalkeeper where you can't make many more mistakes. I think Pickford has reached that point.

Olsen hasn't and it's a fresh state. I'd imagine having a positive mind makes a big difference.

I think back to Tommy Myhre here, absolutely brilliant when he first came, made a couple of big mistakes and never really recovered. Funny old game.

He was signed by Roma off the back of a good WC 2018 with Sweden (where have we heard that before?). He started most of his first season there then got dropped for being crap, 2nd season started again then dropped for being crap.

Zero difference between having him and Lossl on the bench.

I have seen all 3 and two of them are decent whereas one of them is crap.

Guess which one we're going for.

Fair enough mate.

I haven't see much of either. What makes Olsen worse than the rest? What do you think made Roma identify him as the man to replace Alisson?

His save percentage (which isn't the greatest stat but whatever) was 11 points higher than Pickford's last season but ok, he has no chance of being an upgrade.

And please nobody tell me that the PL is different like people can't shoot in Italy.
Serie A famously doesn’t allow balls over knee height or shooting from inside the box.

This will sound strange, but there was probably a point whereby if Karius went to Everton and Pickford to Liverpool both teams would probably have felt they got an improvement. I think you get to a level as a goalkeeper where you can't make many more mistakes. I think Pickford has reached that point.

Olsen hasn't and it's a fresh state. I'd imagine having a positive mind makes a big difference.

I think back to Tommy Myhre here, absolutely brilliant when he first came, made a couple of big mistakes and never really recovered. Funny old game.

Completely agree - neither as bad as their performances, but without a change of club it wont improve for Pickford. Send him to the championship and he might find form, but he hasn't been good enough for two years

Status
Not open for further replies.