2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are going to smash them all over the park.....then Van Dirk [Poor language removed] Head will shoot from 100 meters and he will give it to an red for a tap in on a fortnight....it’s going to happen isn’t it?

Not sure what can be said about Jordan Pickford that hasn't already been said many times over.

Grabbing hold of a ball that's looping up just above your head is the most basic of basic things for a keeper, yet he couldn't even get that right and it cost us a goal. If there's not going to be any sort of punishment (getting benched) for the mistakes he's making, then there is no real incentive for him to strengthen and improve his game... so what's the point? Our 2nd choice keeper must be sitting there thinking "What has to happen for me to get a game...?"

Ultimately there 4 mistakes in 6 games that’s 66%\ of games an error is given by Pickford. It’s not acceptable and it’s going to cost ya 2-3 places at the end of the season.

We have 2-3 days for international and a little monger for domestic. I feel we’d be foolish not to pursue Romero, Heaton, Gazzaniga. They’re all improvements on Pickford and we need to act quickly.

Honestly it might be our success as much as Pickford's continued mistakes that moves Brands and Carlo to get a new keeper in. The team looks ready this year to push top 4-6, there is no reason to wait around for the next several mistakes. It's only a matter of time before Henderson overtakes him for the national team as well.

Big decisions for Southgate, bad as Pickford is, Pope’s performance tonight made Pickford look like Lev Yashin.

The bar is set very low for England international keepers currently.
Does anyone really care about the England GK position mate ? . Personally I only care about Pickford and us. Don't mean to be confrontational.

Status
Not open for further replies.