2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
As people may have noticed I'd not massively been on the Nkonkou train. He had performed very well, but against lower league opposition. I thought tody was his best game. He bullied Yarmelenko, who is a top international in his own right and been in great form this season. He seemed to assess quite early on Yarmalenko didn't fancy playing against him, and just got more aggressive as a result. Really mature and smart play to suss that out in game. Assessing the winger can't run past him, so he is just going to swamp him.

He looks a very talented player to me. It's interesting that while Kean and Gordon have not made the cut, or even the squad, this lad has kept his place.
Gordon was reported yesterday as having an illness.

Does anyone think the future of our back 4 is Nkounkou at left back and Digne moved to centre back, similar to when Alaba used to be a marauding full back for Bayern but is now a centre half with Alphonso Davies taking his place on the left?

I think we look more likely as a back 3 with Coleman and Digne showing they can play in the two wide positions as well.

The squad looks strong with Godfrey there and Digne + Coleman able to play centre back if needed.

Nkounkou is really looking like incredible business.

I think we look more likely as a back 3 with Coleman and Digne showing they can play in the two wide positions as well.

The squad looks strong with Godfrey there and Digne + Coleman able to play centre back if needed.

Nkounkou is really looking like incredible business.
Agree, love an unknown coming in like that and making an impact.

As people may have noticed I'd not massively been on the Nkonkou train. He had performed very well, but against lower league opposition. I thought tody was his best game. He bullied Yarmelenko, who is a top international in his own right and been in great form this season. He seemed to assess quite early on Yarmalenko didn't fancy playing against him, and just got more aggressive as a result. Really mature and smart play to suss that out in game. Assessing the winger can't run past him, so he is just going to swamp him.

He looks a very talented player to me. It's interesting that while Kean and Gordon have not made the cut, or even the squad, this lad has kept his place.
First big test playing against a decent international in a PL team. Didn’t give the lad a kick. As impressed as I was in the other games with his offensive ability, I was equally impressed with how he nullified the threat of Yarmolenko with ease. The lad has a bright future ahead of him.

1601680720970.png

Nice ad placement, Google lol

How are we saying his name then, after reading this thread I'm unsure now is it Neeonko, or is it said how it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.