2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally couldn't care less about the national team mate!

Imo if we pay his wages we should come first

I get that. But it seems as if this club before NT priority is almost exclusive to English fans across all the club fanbases. That's the part I don't get. I'm not critizising here, I hate international breaks as much as the next guy but I'd really like to understand the apathy English fans have for their NT

I get that. But it seems as if this club before NT priority is almost exclusive to English fans across all the club fanbases. That's the part I don't get. I'm not critizising here, I hate international breaks as much as the next guy but I'd really like to understand the apathy English fans have for their NT
I think the problem is that our national teams main fans are an embarrassment. Fat, shirtless, Union Jack tattooed, brexit voting, racist morons looking for a fight. Also it was incredibly difficult supporting a team captained by slippy g with such loveable lads as John Terry flying the flag!
Whereas, Colombian or Brazilian international football fans are all about partying and celebrating the spectacle, much easier to get behind. Or Germany as per your example, are a very proud nationalist country who are also dead good at football and win trophies!

I am a very big fan of south america. Their women-folk are very amorous and i recommend any bloke heading to that part of the world to be in aerobic shape because love-making sessions can be sizzlingly torrid. And if you have a pot belly...forget about it. Many English football fans return from South America disappointed.

Well to be honest, the Dutch National team can go to f... as far as I'm concerned, if it's between club football and internationals.

Yeah either way

It's not up to us or any club. A player gets called up on a FIFA date, he has to go.

And also you don't wanna develop a reputation of being a club that tries to block the players from playing for their NTs.

I think this might just be a bit new to you guys because the team hasn't had many South Americans or even England NT players. But all the top clubs have to deal with half their squad getting called up for NT duty. Barcelona at one point had Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Alves, Bravo, Mascherano, etc all getting called up as well as the Spaniard. Madrid always had a lot of Brazilians and Spaniards.

If we want to be a top club, this is something we will have to get used to. To be honest, having a lot of players called up means the team has quality so that's a good problem to have.

I follow all the Colombian players news and updates. Who played, who didn't, did they play well, did they get injured, etc.

Mostly keep an eye on the players that have a big role on the NT or that have a bright future

Right now I watch religiously every Everton game

Then if possible I see if I can catch the Atalanta(3 NT team players there) games or watch those on replay.

But in Colombian forums each player have a thread just like here so it is easy to get news and updates just like we do here

But anyways. The worry is more injury then missing a game due to exhaustion. Lots of players from Brazil and Argentina and now Colombian players in Europe and they all have to do it every year. Leave after the last league game, go play in south America a Friday and Tuesday game, fly back and play on Saturday or sunday. Pretty standard routine and one that we are gonna have to get used to because that's just the set up and if a player gets called up, he has to go based on Fifa rules
Well that told me. Good on you mate. Let's hope he makes it and is in top condition.

We finally have our Riquelme. I remember watching Villarreal at Goodison and watching him, every time he got the ball the space he was in. How almost every pass either kept the ball ticking over or put us on the back foot. Competent players around him and he gets that extra bit out of them
I agree 100%, a true playmaker like Riquelme is what I've wished for years. They make opportunities other players, paced based, cannot. They read the game of football like Neo can read the Matrix! ¡Te amo James!

Yeah either way

It's not up to us or any club. A player gets called up on a FIFA date, he has to go.

And also you don't wanna develop a reputation of being a club that tries to block the players from playing for their NTs.

I think this might just be a bit new to you guys because the team hasn't had many South Americans or even England NT players. But all the top clubs have to deal with half their squad getting called up for NT duty. Barcelona at one point had Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Alves, Bravo, Mascherano, etc all getting called up as well as the Spaniard. Madrid always had a lot of Brazilians and Spaniards.

If we want to be a top club, this is something we will have to get used to. To be honest, having a lot of players called up means the team has quality so that's a good problem to have.
We have had 231 international players. For the last 20 years or so scousers typically haven’t been big fans of England. For a while, our best young players would go away on international duty and have their heads turned by players from Utd etc (see Wayne Rooney for example)

You should post more often friend. We all like to be educated on here regards other cultures

Do you still live in Brazil? Has the clubs profile improved there with us signing more Brazilian players? What do they think of the Premier League over there?

Yes, I live in Niterói, a city next to Rio de Janeiro, separated by a bridge. I'm a fan of Fluminense, the club where Richarlison played before going to England. The fans of Fluminense LOVE Richarlson and we are very grateful to him, for his dedication to our club. And Richarlison always showed affection and gratitude for Fluminense. He is a person of great character. His start at Fluminense was not good, he had difficulties making goals and was criticized a lot. When asked if he was thinking about changing clubs, he said, "No, I'm going to train more and I'm going to win at this club!" And he did it. He improved a lot and little by little it became our biggest idol. And answering about the Premier League, YES !! The Premier League is VERY popular in Brazil, among fans and the Brazilian press.

I agree 100%, a true playmaker like Riquelme is what I've wished for years. They make opportunities other players, paced based, cannot. They read the game of football like Neo can read the Matrix! ¡Te amo James!
It was like watching a man toying with kids on the park. Everyone was talking about Forlan and this player was just on a different level to everyone else on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.