2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His finishing and movement have improved tremendously. Its also clear his distribution is improving, It is definitely exciting times for him, with the chances we create, he should do well this season

Expect the media campaign to get him to United to go into overdrive starting tomorrow. They'll probably even bid for him before the window shuts. He's going nowhere though, and why would he want too?!

The weirdest thing is. I had him down for 20 goals in all competitions this season.

I’m starting to think that I’ve completely underestimated him

and i actually had faith in him
Same here i reckoned 20 . My bar being that last season 15 i think he got playing in the team with an abominiation of a midfield supplying nothing. So 20 was achievable with the midfield we started this season with. Its passable now in my book

Hatrick as good a time as any to whip these gems out

arminisgod said:
Stand by what I said. Up there with the worst strikers I've seen play for us.
arminisgod said:
Absolutely terrible striker
arminisgod said:
Why does he play over niasse?? Serious question. He is absolute crap. I mean niasse is also crap .. but this guy is utter rubbish
arminisgod said:
in those 5 minutes he confirmed everything we already know that he is utterly rubbish
arminisgod said:
Class??? What were you watching??? The lad is pure durge
arminisgod said:
I absolutely hate him.
arminisgod said:
i absolutely despise him.
arminisgod said:
He isn't and will never be good enough. He isn't even a kid anymore. The only reason he gets an easy pass is because he's English. If a 22 year old German had his stats the pundits would be going mental about how an average foreign import is stunting the growth of English talent.

Can't finish well, times his runs poorly. Not great attributes for a striker.

Runs a lot though. The lad will be a mediocre version of Danny welbeck
arminisgod said:
I'm not applauded our number 9 (who earns way too much by the way) for making a friggin run.. He's paid to slot... which he is crap at
arminisgod said:
mid table striker. Won't ever be any better than that.
arminisgod said:
I can. He's [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed]
arminisgod said:
simply awful. Everything i hate about English footy
arminisgod said:
I will argue. He is utter tripe. Always has been.

I'd rather watch someone's nose disintegrate from syphilis tham him
Trying to be a striker
arminisgod said:
No he couldn't. He is useless and will always be crap.
arminisgod said:
Credibility? You choose to use firminios full stats but not DCL? He has scored 17 goals in 87 games. He's laughably bad for a striker.

Can't believe you are trying to compare him to firminio... There is no agenda against DCL. But he just isn't good enough. You can improve a strikers game, work on his touch... Timing of runs. But you won't ever make a non goalscorer into one
arminisgod said:
He's crap. I see nothing in him to suggest he is going to suddenly become a good striker.
arminisgod said:
He's absolutely [Poor language removed].
arminisgod said:
Nice. I'd say you embody what Everton has become. Willing to accept crap.

@ForeverBlue92 said:
Squad player at best.

Ancelotti wont be fooled like Silva & Dunc have been.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Must have nudes of Silva when you have Juventus talisman sat on the bench over a bloke who cant score a goal
ForeverBlue92 said:
He's an absolute joker
ForeverBlue92 said:
Honestly would rather Tosun
ForeverBlue92 said:
Need to sell him next summer.

Offer cash + DCL for Wilson or King at Bournemouth- both much better back up than Bambi.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Dont get this attitude tbh- obviously he puts in effort because he knows he's bloody lucky to be playing for us!

If I was dating Jodie Marsh I would be grafting like hell every night to get a good whiff of those briefs
ForeverBlue92 said:
Lad could have Katie Price laying on his bed... legs spread apart... gagging for it... and still find a way to miss the target.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Amazing how some say DCL helps our attacking players/system.

Erm im pretty sure Richarlison, Gylfi and the like will cope with an actual goalscorer like Kean in the side over Mr athlete.
ForeverBlue92 said:
He's Silva's Naismith - limited player who gets game time because he runs around alot.

However it must be said DCL doesn't pick himself - you're making me hate Bambi Marco stop picking him ahead of an actual goalscorer.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads a joker but he doesnt pick himself - Silva hasn't the guts to drop him at present therefore we'll continue to struggle infront of goal.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Teachers pet.

"I'll run around for you Mr Silva sir"

"Pick me sir I'll run der channels for you"

Pathetic.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Not really - doesnt do anything more than players like Shane Long who I dont class as a "good player"
ForeverBlue92 said:
Wish we could harvest him for spare parts.
ForeverBlue92 said:
I know my football and a good striker he is not.

He's Shane Long with a worse goal tally.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Sounds a pretty wild character this unnamed chap :Blink:
ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads an absolute joke
ForeverBlue92 said:
He did nothing more than what players like Shane Long do last season mate.

Some of our fans go on like he was putting in Aguero esque performances last year which is false.
ForeverBlue92 said:
I cant believe its taken some people until the Villa game to see how sterile the lad is.

Just not good enough at this level.
ForeverBlue92 said:
No DCL and we score goals.

Whouda thunk it
ForeverBlue92 said:
Never hated an Everton player more since Naismith.

Should be running the channels for West Brom
ForeverBlue92 said:
Tbf I see your point and part of me feels guilt for hating Bambi - ultimately its Silva and Brands job to stop playing him/replace him with better quality but both appear to have been conned by the lad into thinking he's a good enough option up top.

You could argue he is guilty of misleading them when really he should be honest to them and himself in that he isnt good enough at this level - imo he should do the right thing and request either a loan move away or even a full transfer to a lower ranked team and let us grow and strengthen in his absence.
ForeverBlue92 said:
All this confidence of getting goals thing with DCL doesn't wash with me.

That excuse is when players are getting chances but are missing the target / wasting chances- this clown doesnt shoot or make runs/ movement to give himself even a sniff of a chance on goal
ForeverBlue92 said:
We are so smalltime of a club that he'll dine on that goal for the next dozen games.

1 goal in 13 appearances sorry not good enough.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Bloke not concerned that he hadnt scored a goal in 6 months.

That sums up everything about this club and its lack of ambition.

Imagine the striker of Man Utd or Spurs or Liverpool saying that or better yet the manager of those clubs still playing him every week.

The clubs a complete joke at the moment and this weenie is the punch line.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Great he scores against a Championship teams reserves and he'll be seen as the answer to our CF problems for another season
ForeverBlue92 said:
Thats exactly it - he's a championship level striker.

No shame in that - but he's another Dwight Gayle and Cameron Jerome its scandalous the club haven't realised that yet.
ForeverBlue92 said:
DCL thinks he's the answer to Roms missing goals...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollollollollollollollollollol
ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads absolutely useless.

Anyone who thinks Silva is a good manager just think he RATES the bloke.

Baffling.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Tbf its not his fault the board have failed to replace Rom in 3 years.

Crazy when you think of the money spent in those 3 seasons aswell.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Should be Kean not this dope.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Dominic Calvert Garbage.

Best keep him incase we go down the championship is his level.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Only an absolute tonker of a manager like Silva could rate this lad.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Lads absolute shabite.
ForeverBlue92 said:
They weren't even good goals - he literally scored two tap ins from defensive/keeping howlers.

It would have been harder not to score.

He runs around alot and thats it. No doubt those goals will earn him another 6-12 months at the club but we really should be looking for an improvement on him.
ForeverBlue92 said:
Wont last 5 seconds under a top manager like Carlo who wants goalscorers.

He'll be shipped out to WBA or the like to carry on his Shane Long impression.

He was crap years ago

He's developing into a top striker now

I'll happily admit that.

What im not admitting is that he has always been boss when 2-3 years ago he couldn't control a ball and was scoring about 4 goals a season. Anyone who claims otherwise enjoys rewriting history to troll certain posters.

As I've said im calling Kean boss now and Carlo is a fool not to play him - you'll all see in 2-3 seasons time!
He wasn’t ever crap. He was tasked with a role, and he performed it thanklessly game after game.

I’ve always liked DCL.

But anyone who says they thought he could do what he has under Ancelotti is fibbing. He’s just unreal.

I'll be honest, I can't believe it. Genuinely amazed.

I mean, the service has been superb recently, but this goal return is about 5 times what I'd ever have dreamed he was capable of.

I'm not exactly ancient, but i can't remember seeing an upward trend in performance quite at this level in another young player. With Lukaku, for example, you knew right well he had it as soon as he walked in the door. Any decent chance, he just gobbled up, from day one. But I'm happy to admit I couldn't see it in DCL for the life of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.