2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo needs to nip this vendetta against us in the bud.

Liverpool and Man Utd get these penalties every other game but we dare to be awarded one and there is this type of outcry?

I think the rules broken, the refs don't even know what's going on and any other year we don't get that penalty. It is what it is, not about us it's about a crap rule that's ruining the game as a spectacle.

Liverpool and Man Utd get these penalties every other game but we dare to be awarded one and there is this type of outcry?

it’s ridiculous, a national inquest because Everton got a penalty that was more probable than the majority of penalties Liverpool and United get on a weekly basis.

I know a lot of people hate stats, but in 3 games we’ve conceded 3 “big chances” and have an “expected goals conceded” of 1.89.

Expected to concede less than 2 goals from Spurs (A), West Brom (H), Palace (A). Our defence is strong, Carlo has got them drilled well.

Honestly if we had a great keeper and got a bit of luck with injuries top 4 would be a serious possibility.

Aye. For all my optimism and joy watching us currently, I know that top 4 is pretty much out of reach while Pickford is in goals

I personally think the rules are wrong.
Ultimately none of the contested ‘handballs ‘ should have been given.
That isn’t anti - Everton it’s just an opinion.
Had it been given against us , as Calvert-Lewis’s could have been, we would have been up in arms and rightly so.
I do wonder if those being so precious about this debate, claiming some imagined hostility to our club will be quite so reticent or forgiving when the decision goes against us at some point as it inevitably will.
Ultimately it’s wrong and against the spirit of the game and yet another example of how unsuited to football VAR is.

Usual stuff. Every time Liverpool play a European game at home they get a Pen. Gerrard used to ask the ref what was wrong if they hadn't had one by 70 minutes.
Don't remember this bias when City started to challenge the status quo with a lot dodgier backing than us.
It's a stupid rule but it evens out over the season like all these things.

A bloody great moan all over the place because we got a penalty, should not be allowed it was Everton. Fact is the ball hits his hand and it's path is diverted, otherwise looks like a deffo goal. Notice his hand is slightly out and when hit is pulled in very smartly to hide the contact, for me was a penalty.

Think in general that rule does need changing though, it's ridiculous. Roy hodgson nailed it, handball should be handball if intentional and used to gain an advantage, not pinged at you from a yard away.

It's a clear pen under the law, but the rule in general is a pile of [Poor language removed].

It killed of the champions League when Liverpool against spurs got a pen after 5 mins for the same thing, big games are getting decided by a stupid rule.

However j agree don't see why they are only piping up now when it been happening for years, that absolutely hate us doing well don't they

Status
Not open for further replies.