2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
His composure in front of goal has been an issue throughout his time here, but up until recently and with our new additions we often looked better with him playing.

He was able to stretch defences with his pace and clever movement, however he would then often fluff his opportunity; he was reasonable for tracking back too.

Does he have a place here still? I think he could be an asset as a squad player, yet his wages mean we should probably be moving him on as soon as possible.

Maybe he'll agree to a contract termination and will go join somebody like Reading or Watford a division down on a two-year deal. I think it'll be difficult for him to get a Premier League gig now.

Maybe he'll agree to a contract termination and will go join somebody like Reading or Watford a division down on a two-year deal. I think it'll be difficult for him to get a Premier League gig now.

Reckon he could get a 2 year deal from one of Burnley, West Brom or Fulham. That’s about it for the Prem though.

If we are keeping Iwobi and Bernard as squad players then Walcott would go.
Bernard is the interesting one, I thought he was definitely off this summer, when you consider his wages, he’s 28, only 2 yrs left. And no chance he gets a new deal.

but Carlo doesn’t seem to trust him, especially away. Technically he better than iwobi and miles better than Davies, you think he could have kept the ball better for us in the last 10mins yesterday.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes late in the window

Bernard is the interesting one, I thought he was definitely off this summer, when you consider his wages, he’s 28, only 2 yrs left. And no chance he gets a new deal.

but Carlo doesn’t seem to trust him, especially away. Technically he better than iwobi and miles better than Davies, you think he could have kept the ball better for us in the last 10mins yesterday.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes late in the window

What surprise is Walcott only play in 1 league cup game. He is now behind Iwobi and Bernard. With 9 months left in his contract there is a chance he will leave this week.

If we are keeping Iwobi and Bernard as squad players then Walcott would go.

I think all are in the shop window.
Sigurdsson might have just done enough to stay, but I think it is whether bids come in for of Walcott / Bernard / Iwobi plus the others deemed surplus to the core 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.