2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
FGS go to specsavavers 5 goals in 3 games scored v Spurs - and you still criticise him ? What does he have to do you would find fault if he scored a hatttick every game if he misses chances fine by me at least he is on the end of things .....
Not the case last season as our midfield was crap.......

start scoring the simple sitters he misses. If he knocks that on the head then i'll be happy.

91st minute the lad goes through 1 on 1 to sin a cup for us... how many really truly believe he would score?

Hello Paul. Prepare yourself
You & many others last season were his biggest critics tbf you have admitted you were wrong - that post of him not holding the ball up - he saved us in the 2nd half as our midfield dropped back, his front line was text book centre foreward play holding the ball laying it off well plus beating men near the corner flag both he and Rhico are a great combination for us we are top of the league for now - celebrate fgs ......

Positioning may not be, but hitting straight at keepers and missing the header and still scoring is luck.

Lets not kid ourselves... he has missed 2 absolute sitters in the last 2 games

I'm a natural finisher up there with best in my youth just I could not get in positions where it would be effective the game was just so fast for so long, so I never made it...

start scoring the simple sitters he misses. If he knocks that on the head then i'll be happy.

91st minute the lad goes through 1 on 1 to sin a cup for us... how many really truly believe he would score?
One cracking header you claim as a miss unfortunately hit our CH Keens back of the head to take the power out of his header .......your just nit picking FGS ......

You & many others last season were his biggest critics tbf you have admitted you were wrong - that post of him not holding the ball up - he saved us in the 2nd half as our midfield dropped back, his front line was text book centre foreward play holding the ball laying it off well plus beating men near the corner flag both he and Rhico are a great combination for us we are top of the league for now - celebrate fgs ......

You only have to read the post, mate. I was essentially saying it didn't matter that he didn't hold the ball up well. It's not even a dig, let alone a sly one.

Of course I was a critic and I stand by it, because he wasn't scoring goals. Now he's scoring them I'm delighted with him. It's that simple and always has been.

Well you wont be, cos he has been scoring sitters all season. Plus an incredible header that I guess you put down to luck.

He wasn't crap yesterday he was just not in the game at all think it's a huge difference, We barely created anything apart from half chances and had to deal with two 6ft bodyguards as a lone striker all game but when the one chance came he scored from it so it's all good in the hood.

He's hit it straight across the keeper with force, first time. The human eye takes a quarter of a second to react and move and the direction the keeper takes is only helping it into the net. If you save that at that range you got lucky.

Ridiculous to criticise the keeper, slow mo cameras are all well and good, but you can't slow that down and say howler.

Looked a bit isolated to me yesterday, which didn’t help us when we bypassed the midfield and punted it up to him. He was very much up against it. I’d like to see our midfield calm it down more in games like that, then pass our way up the pitch. Can’t be hoofing it to Dom and expecting him to hold it up whilst there’s nobody round him.

Status
Not open for further replies.