2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford must be dragged down regardless, even to the extent of some clown claiming he should have saved the Palace goal. Don't get me wrong, I would like him replaced, but some go to extremes and that is the way it is. Anyway, neither Everton goal should have happened as their goalie ought to have saved DCL's effort and it was never a penalty. 1-0 to Palace then. I am delighted it went our way though. The gods are with us for a change. Let us hope the gods are still with us on derby day.

Pickford must be dragged down regardless, even to the extent of some clown claiming he should have saved the Palace goal. Don't get me wrong, I would like him replaced, but some go to extremes and that is the way it is. Anyway, neither Everton goal should have happened as their goalie ought to have saved DCL's effort and it was never a penalty. 1-0 to Palace then. I am delighted it went our way though. The gods are with us for a change. Let us hope the gods are still with us on derby day.
I think the problem is, Southall would of saved that shot. It was too central.

I think, unfairly or not, that is the standard Pickford is constantly bring held too.

Southall was a once in a generation player, but his time at the club is still too fresh in people's memories.

Not his biggest fan, can't really blame him for not stopping yesterdays goal, and sometimes he pulls off some great saves.

It's the total brain farts he has every so often that is the issue, and when he does then it affects the confidence of the defenders in front of him.

If there is someone better than him that is available for the right money and we can offload Pickford then great, but I suspect he will be here for at least this season.

But if we'd had a bigger keeper could he have come and claimed it. Don't know like, just speculating, but a keeper who commands his 6 yard box takes so much pressure off the defence.

I think if we could get Romero in having a calm head behind the defenders would do wonders for us.

Still no way he stops that goal though - Keane has to do better.

I said in another thread, you have to take into account the power of the header or shot, it can be past a keeper before they've had a time to react, straight at them or not.

And now we are back to “it’s ok that Pickford doesn’t make any saves anymore because they are really really hard shots”

better keepers save the harder chances. If we accept mediocrity then we won’t ever win anything as a club
That's not what I said at all and I'm not sticking up for him he's been terrible. How can you say the power of the shot doesn't matter though, are you really saying it doesn't?

Palace goal was down to Keane and Richarlson not being able to manage their Zone effectively, in particular Keane. Their headed goal should never had such clean head, palace player was allowed to generate all the power that was needed to beat the very best. Judging Pickord on that goal just undermines naysayers, and football is not for you...

Keane is to blame for the goal, not Pickford, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the defence probably can't relax knowing their goalkeeper is so erratic and have no idea what kind of stunt he'll pull off at any moment. He is a very good shot stopper, but you want a steady and reliable keeper, not a joker whose performances can be so up and down from one match to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.