Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a new CB as an absolute priority. Mina and Keane did well yesterday but one injury and it could all be undone. A RB would be nice but I think Coleman and Kenny can get us through at a push although it would remain a weak link. Also another RW then we have tge option of moving James inside if we need a more attacking threat in the middle.

We need a new CB as an absolute priority. Mina and Keane did well yesterday but one injury and it could all be undone. A RB would be nice but I think Coleman and Kenny can get us through at a push although it would remain a weak link. Also another RW then we have tge option of moving James inside if we need a more attacking threat in the middle.

Think if we play James in midfield we don’t have to worry about our lack of actual depth in midfield

Until players leave we are signing nobody (IMO). I love new signings as much as the next man but I don’t want us to become Leeds either. We need about 7 out to make the squad a sensible size.

I agree. Hopefully we get rid of the 3 outcasts and if Tosun is fit maybe he will go somewhere on loan. Iwobi and Walcott are probably both sacrificiable but I suspect fee and wages will be stumbling blocks.

Until players leave we are signing nobody (IMO). I love new signings as much as the next man but I don’t want us to become Leeds either. We need about 7 out to make the squad a sensible size.

I agree, but if we can't sell any and just say eff it and get a centre back and a right winger in and they get us champions league then it'd all be covered for.

There's always the winter window as well, it might be a player like delph just hangs around but by then gbamin is back and he further down the pecking order and he's instantly more sellable. Same for walcott when he'll only have a few months left on his contract and others.

Seamus has been so good this season so far that i fell less desperate for a RB now, kenny's not great, but there's a player there, it's nothing like relying on martina.

As our deadwood are on so much wages, offloading the four who contribute nothing: besic, bolase, sandro and tosun could be enough to bring in the two cb and rw areas we need to strengthen in the first XI.

Any others we can offload are for the books really, but it's paramount we get rid of the four above.

I agree, but if we can't sell any and just say eff it and get a centre back and a right winger in and they get us champions league then it'd all be covered for.

There's always the winter window as well, it might be a player like delph just hangs around but by then gbamin is back and he further down the pecking order and he's instantly more sellable. Same for walcott when he'll only have a few months left on his contract and others.

Seamus has been so good this season so far that i fell less desperate for a RB now, kenny's not great, but there's a player there, it's nothing like relying on martina.

I think it’ll be a last day of the window job. Teams who have recruited poorly like West Ham or teams who are skint like Burnley looking for loans or the odd panic buy. The insane wages we have these crabs on though hinders any chance of a perm move (again imo) unless we are going to sub their wages. Still paying for the madness under Koeman/Fat Sam/Walsh.

I think it’ll be a last day of the window job. Teams who have recruited poorly like West Ham or teams who are skint like Burnley looking for loans or the odd panic buy. The insane wages we have these crabs on though hinders any chance of a perm move (again imo) unless we are going to sub their wages. Still paying for the madness under Koeman/Fat Sam/Walsh.

No doubt, i said it earlier in the window, these players are too poor for teams to think "he'll definitely make a massive difference, get him now" so they never were going to be bought early anyway.

But they definitely good enough to play squad roles at the bottom half teams, based mainly on past reputation if anything. Tosun for example leads the line for turkey, a pretty good international team, yeah he's not going to bang in 25 goals, but he's still a prem level finisher who can definitely get double figures for someone the £10m or so he'll cost will be well worth that.

I’m hoping this week could be a chance to move a few on. Clubs have played 2-3 games and those lower down could be starting to be concerned and panic buy ‘premiership’ experience.
Fingers crossed anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.