2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owes his manager, team mates and us a top performance and clean sheet tomorrow !!!
I've kind of been worn down by his self inflicted errors, they are guaranteed every game it seems. Much as I dislike criticising any of our players, this cannot go on.
If he has a poor game today which ends up costing us three points, I think Carlo will have no choice but to try and get another keeper in before deadline day. I'm not sure about our reserve keepers either so it's going to be a difficult search.

Imagine if he hadn’t played brilliantly in the first league game of the season and we’d lost, the overall mood of club wouldn’t be as good going to the next games and we wouldn’t be unbeaten

Pickford made some good saves against Spurs, first half if I remember.

There are just too many prawn sandwich munching Media luvvies regurgitating debate shows...

I've kind of been worn down by his self inflicted errors, they are guaranteed every game it seems. Much as I dislike criticising any of our players, this cannot go on.
If he has a poor game today which ends up costing us three points, I think Carlo will have no choice but to try and get another keeper in before deadline day. I'm not sure about our reserve keepers either so it's going to be a difficult search.

He does behave as though he is billy big testicles, particular when he has got away with one, character maybe... Does need pushing, surprised he started Wednesday, as Virginia started the last one, reckon the management are not so sure about the reserves either...

I think he's too far gone and this rough patch been going on too long. He's not turning it around, in fact he's getting worse. A matter of time before he costs us again. I think he might be a shot fighter so to speak, and only 26. Maybe a spell on the sidelines will do him good as he's under a microscope at the moment.

I think he's too far gone and this rough patch been going on too long. He's not turning it around, in fact he's getting worse. A matter of time before he costs us again. I think he might be a shot fighter so to speak, and only 26. Maybe a spell on the sidelines will do him good as he's under a microscope at the moment.

England No1 and expectations are realistically high at Club, yep microscope alright, manage it or not as it's not going away.

I bet Carlo is as good a poker player as he is a footy manager after that presser yesterday, saying we aren't after a keeper - Pickford got the la Cosa nostra death glare after his howlers v Fleetwood.

I think if our squad wasn't so full of shoite, Carlo's comments on JP are totally different and we're in for a GK, but until we offload a few we won't be signing a GK - potentially another year of this fella is quite unnerving.

Sadly for us, Pickford isn't as good as he thinks he is, and he never has been - another one we overpaid on, like siggy, who is also absolute dog poo, but they seem to get the benefit of the doubt and are defended by many on here, yet they will slam and destroy the likes of Tom, DCL or Kean - I really don't get it?!

Pickfords cockiness and buffoonery after the myriad of mistakes really infuriates me, and his inability to learn from these issues will be his undoing ( I don't think he has got it in him to change for the better - he's had plenty of chances and failed.)

He inspires no confidence, his distribution is atrocious (one of his strengths according to many!), his basic decision making is flawed, he thinks he is an outfield player able to dribble in his box instead of hoofing clear (Fleetwood's 1st) and he trys to "Hollywood" every single save he has to make instead of doing the basics properly (Weetabix wrists for Fleetwood's second) - these are not one off issues or mistakes, that he can sort out or improve on imo - it's who he is as a GK/man.

I really hope I'm wrong though, starting with a good performance today!

I bet Carlo is as good a poker player as he is a footy manager after that presser yesterday, saying we aren't after a keeper - Pickford got the la Cosa nostra death glare after his howlers v Fleetwood.

I think if our squad wasn't so full of shoite, Carlo's comments on JP are totally different and we're in for a GK, but until we offload a few we won't be signing a GK - potentially another year of this fella is quite unnerving.

Sadly for us, Pickford isn't as good as he thinks he is, and he never has been - another one we overpaid on, like siggy, who is also absolute dog poo, but they seem to get the benefit of the doubt and are defended by many on here, yet they will slam and destroy the likes of Tom, DCL or Kean - I really don't get it?!

Pickfords cockiness and buffoonery after the myriad of mistakes really infuriates me, and his inability to learn from these issues will be his undoing ( I don't think he has got it in him to change for the better - he's had plenty of chances and failed.)

He inspires no confidence, his distribution is atrocious (one of his strengths according to many!), his basic decision making is flawed, he thinks he is an outfield player able to dribble in his box instead of hoofing clear (Fleetwood's 1st) and he trys to "Hollywood" every single save he has to make instead of doing the basics properly (Weetabix wrists for Fleetwood's second) - these are not one off issues or mistakes, that he can sort out or improve on imo - it's who he is as a GK/man.

I really hope I'm wrong though, starting with a good performance today!
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.