2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be his 3rd week out and that time frame given was before the club decided he didn't need surgery therefore you can knock a few weeks off that recovery time.

All im staying is this team wins more points and finishes higher with James in the middle and another Richarlison or pacey wide player out wide.

I couldn't care less how good our 3rd or 4th choice CB is when the other pair are back fit in a few weeks.

I want both positions strengthened like but RW is priority for me if we can offload Walcott/Bolasie.

Maybe mistaking you for someone else but I kinda thought you said once or twice that CF was the major area for improvement.

I’ll leave the tactics to Carlo on whether we need a right winger or James can play there. I think he’s played it really smart because from an offensive point of view we have a left flank or Digne, Gomes and Richarlison. Spurs absolutely swamped that side of the pitch and Gomes moving the ball quickly sucked Spurs players in and then gave Allan an easy pass out to Rodriguez who suddenly had acres of space on the right to do what he wanted. Similar things happened in the second half v West Brom. Teams can’t leave our left side unattended because Digne’s delivery is so dangerous and Richarlison will cut in.

Maybe mistaking you for someone else but I kinda thought you said once or twice that CF was the major area for improvement.

Now we are playing in a front 3 we have fluidity along those positions in comparison to the 442 of last season.

De Bruyne could play out wide drifting in and have some crab passing sideways and back in the middle - or you play KDB in the centre controlling the tempo and creating tons of chances with a pacey wide player like Sterling/Sane causing havoc out wide.

Its criminal if we dont upgrade that position and slot James centrally - he literally could be our KDB.

Instead we wax lyrical over Gomes who doesn't know how to pass the ball forward and scores/assists once in a Blue moon.

Goal target for forwards
If they don’t score 20 goals each they are going to have a problem with me. Moise too. If I play Strikers behind James, Gomes and Sigurdsson I’d score goals and so they have too

Rodriquez effect on Calvert-Lewin
With James in Madrid, Ronaldo scored 56 goals. Im honestly not going to ask Dominic to score 56 but he has to try to do his best

Hahaha spoken like a true Everton da. Nah in seriousness, this standard and high demands Carlo has in place should and seems to be working. Players know they simply won't be tolerated in the squad should they not put in the work. Love it.

20 goals each for Rich & DCL is realistic, and it's absolutely inspiring to hear our manager saying that these are the sort of targets that our first choice picks have to be aiming for. It's correct that with an improved squad comes higher expectations. Let's hope our guys rise to the challenge.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH CRYSTAL PALACE P/C

Injury update
We have at all of the squad fit apart from Holgate and Branthwaite. The others are in good condition, fit and available

On start to the season
We have started well this season with more motivation and more ambition. We have a good test tomorrow and we are focused. Our target is to think about the game against Crystal Palace. They have also started well. We have confidence and the momentum is good.”

Delph update
After he was out for a long time, he recovered well and properly. He played 60 minutes, really well. I want to give him more training sessions to be ready for the Premier League." Delph will not travel to Palace

Pickford form
There is a lot of focus on him but, I have to be honest, he started really well and did a fantastic match against Tottenham. I am not really focused on him, like you. He is a great goalkeeper.

Not looking at bringing in a goalkeeper
Carlo Ancelotti says Everton are not looking for another goalkeeper and Jordan Pickford "has my total confidence.
He's a great goalkeeper.

Defender transfer update
We are looking for a new CB because at the moment we only have two, Yerry Mina and Michael Keane. If an opportunity comes up we’ll see
Talk to Lampard about Tomori, not me. He is a Chelsea player. I can talk about Yerry Mina and Michael Keane. If Frank Lampard spoke about Yerry Mina I would not be happy

On helping clubs in lower leagues
Ancelotti says everyone has to help each other and move on from this difficult moment, not just in football, in life

On Calvert-Lewin form
The player is motivated to improve. We are trying to help him. Most of the job he already did because he’s a really good player. He has a possibility to improve his matches

Goal target for forwards
If they don’t score 20 goals each they are going to have a problem with me. Moise too. If I play Strikers behind James, Gomes and Sigurdsson I’d score goals and so they have too

Calvert-Lewin fitness boost
He had a little problem (hamstring) in the game v Fleetwood but he is ok and will play.

Ancelotti on Nkounkou
He did well. Surprising most of the people because most of the people didn't know him. The next step will be to have a test in the PL games. Next Wednesday we play v a PL team so could be a good test for him.

On tomorrow's opponents
I saw the game against Man United. They defended really well and were good on the counter attack. The fact Zaha played up front and not on the wing helped them to be more dangerous
They are dangerous in counter attack. We have to prepare well and put in a good strategy to win

On games behind closed doors
It’s a different game because there is different emotions. The players are used to playing without fans or support but everyone hopes that the stadiums will be full as soon as possible.

Rodriquez effect on Calvert-Lewin
With James in Madrid, Ronaldo scored 56 goals. Im honestly not going to ask Dominic to score 56 but he has to try to do his best

Getting players out of the squad
We have to wait until the end of the market, after that, we are going to take a decision. It is frustrating for the players who don't take part in the tactical part of the session

On James Rodriguez’s position
In this moment, he’s not playing as a no.10 but he has of course the quality to play there... He’s playing on the right side but not as a winger because he likes to come inside to use his ability in the middle of the pitch
Thanks for doing this mate!

Now we are playing in a front 3 we have fluidity along those positions in comparison to the 442 of last season.

De Bruyne could play out wide drifting in and have some crab passing sideways and back in the middle - or you play KDB in the centre controlling the tempo and creating tons of chances with a pacey wide player like Sterling/Sane causing havoc out wide.

Its criminal if we dont upgrade that position and slot James centrally - he literally could be our KDB.

Instead we wax lyrical over Gomes who doesn't know how to pass the ball forward and scores/assists once in a Blue moon.
If you think that that is the totality of Gomes' role you need to look again.

He is vital to the way the midfield performs even if you don't appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.