Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fair points.

I'm not really on his back per se. I'm happy to give him time and think he will do well for us if given time. He has real ability.
[/QUOTE
I am surprised he didn't start last night.
We did have a good few experienced players on the pitch in Keane, Digne,Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard and Richarlison so it isn't as if it was a very young or inexperienced team.

I think he can see clearly that he is behind DCL at centreforward and maybe Richarlison as well and not starting a game like that will not have helped.
The big plus is that at least goals are starting to come.

@blueblue The quote messed up. I am pleased with his goals, it's what 3 in 3 now. He didn't have a touch in the hame really but still buried the chance he had, which is good.
Not quite sure what happened there Catcher .
The goals are welcome for sure. I find it difficult to make my mind up about him, in the last game against Bournemouth I thought he had really turned a corner and looked like a real prospect. He dominated the defence and the loss was certainly not his fault.
This season he seems to be back to his old ways, no problem with his work rate but seems to lack confidence and seems unhappy.

The goals are welcome for sure. I find it difficult to make my mind up about him, in the last game against Bournemouth I thought he had really turned a corner and looked like a real prospect. He dominated the defence and the loss was certainly not his fault.
This season he seems to be back to his old ways, no problem with his work rate but seems to lack confidence and seems unhappy.
Could be he needs a run in the team to find his feet in the PL but that’s not going to happen at the minute.

My hope is, that the club stand firm and say he has to stay, and that begins to sink in. With each goal he gets, you would imagine it helps him settle and puts a case for more game time.

Is Romero even that good? I mean me playing keeper when I had a concussion might be better by I feel like Romero isn't the answer
Romero imo would be a disaster I fear he can't handle pressure of being a no1 throughout his career OK as a number 2 cup games, international etc. We've already got 1 clampet who can't concentrate week in week out we don't need 2.

Maybe have legs. Fits the profile of defender we would want.

His face doesn't fit massively at Salzburg, and I'm sure their open to either selling him, or getting him in the shop window in the Premier League.

I suppose my concern would be: if he isn't good enough for Salzburg, why would/should we want him? Typically, anyone who IS good there gets the Leipzig transfer and then other clubs have to triple their outlay if they want him.

Of course, if you have legit insight then that's cool; just my two penneth, as it were.

Can’t believe you missed Nkounkou off the 18-20 list.

For shame on you Zat!! lol lol

lol

Weve got the 22/24 age group with Richarlison, DCL, Holgate, Davies, Kenny and Iwobi.

Then the 18-20 age group with Branthwaite, Nkounkou Gordon, Gibson, Virginia and Kean.

There we go... :)

I think credit goes to Brands to mate, I don’t think the layers of age profile happened by mistake.

People seem desperate to sell anyone who isn’t in the first 11, but in truth every player is on a developmental pathway.

What strikes me as well is all the players above even the young ones all have contrasting but complimentary skill sets.

As you say we have a Senior core, so we have the luxary of developing the 18-20 bracket, it makes the criticism of Moise silly to me, were is the rush really!

One of the biggest regrets I have in recent years, is not developing and failing with Lookman, still think he’s a super talent.

I also liked Lookman but something seems to be missing as hes not gone anywhere.

I think we need 11 starters and 11 hungry u21s behind pushing them.

With these 6 Branthwaite, Nkounkou Gordon, Gibson, Virginia and Kean were not far off my own target and hopefully we will see one or two emerge from the academy and/or another couple of prospects signed.

Speaking of prospects...

Imam Jagne has signed for us.

Amazing detective work. Lets hope hes as good as the last 2 youngsters weve signed ;)

Guess he goes into the u18s...

17 in october so perhaps 2 seasons away from being an option, by that time Allan will be 31 so nice long term planning.

Think we are only a couple of big injuries away from a major issue so think couple of these need to be addressed in this window. Dont see anything happening until very late in the window after his comments last night. 5 or 6 need to go out the door first which will be last few days

Just to reiterate what Ancelotti said last night
‘31 players is too many’.

so unless these rumours are about players leaving I doubt they’ve got much in the way of truth.

if we can’t get shot of 10 plus players I don’t think anyone will be coming in.

Definitely lacking quality depth at centre midfield especially and centre back with the 2 injuries.

By my count we need 10-14 players moved on to allow us to strengthen further.

Problem is that a lot will go after October 5th deadline to lower league clubs...

Surprised weve not managed to punt more.

I agree with all of this, and I want Kean to do well. If we are seen as a club that a young player comes to and fails, it will make things harder. I also think, if we sell/loan Kean, the first thing people will want u to do, is go and sign a back up striker. So you start thinking, well who would come, to largely sit on the bench? We end up in the same conundrum,

The one concern I have, and it's my playing amateur phsychologist here, is that his body language doesn't look great to me. While he celebrated one goal really well last week, he looks very frustrated and almost unhappy at times. When he scored last night, he looks frustrated, I do wonder about the impact this has.

I think he needs to stay involved. I watched the game a couple of days after the result at the weekend and had seen people were frustrated with him. I actually thought he did ok, his movement was good, he worked hard etc. The Rabona was a bit silly but nowhere near the mistake people say. I hope we can keep him involved from the bench at the least.

Could always look at it that Ancelotti has told him to concentrate more and be ice cool on the pitch and follow instructions...so hes trying to focus hard.

Need to start getting players out ASAP.

Even loans with options to buy next summer just get wages off the books and small loan fees which slowy mount up to help the books.

Bolasie
Walcott
Besic
Delph
Sandro
Tosun
Lossl

At the minimum they have to be gone for me be it sales or loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.