Old Everton Pictures

Only went to Anfield once - for a derby, was in ARE. It was packed out in blue. Moggsy ran the show and turned Smith inside out. WE won and Fred was great plus all the others.

Was that the 0-4 annihilation in 1964? If so, I was in the cow shed paddock watching a great performance from the Toffees and, my dad having a scrap with a couple of drunk red rats. Could never accept defeat those losers. Suffice to say that they and their team took a good pasting that afternoon lol

Everton's Jimmy Gabriel thunders a header to score away at Bolton in 1962 - My first away game aged 7 years old at Burden Park my late father holding me on a crash barrier in the paddock up near the massive away support from Blues fans - we went in a Ford transit Van it was like a scene out of the GV play sat on crates my fathers friend driving at least 8 of us mainly miners with my older brother & Billy Bingham scored the other goal - it was a blur - my mental note was our away support - the adulation of the GV - plus the experience I will treasure......& went on to visit many away grounds as I grew up - nothing changed our away support was brilliant -
View attachment 101965

I'm reminded of the famous commentary by Barry Davies at World Cup 90. "Look at his face, just look at his face". Great pic, what a leap, Gabby the great.

Joey.......being a bit of a collector i 'm always on the lookout for interesting items. Books and old LPs are what I mainly collect. All have to be in good condition.
I also collect all things Everton. So was surprised when I came across that photo of the Everton attacking line up. I actually bought it in Glasgow (Barrowlands I believe it's called ). And it was framed. Not really worth much but a nice old photo to own.

Here's hoping that our team turn up tonight and without any dramas comfortably win the match. Get into the business end of this competition.
Wish we had that old 1930s attacking line up having a go at Fleetwood.
Take care folks............Up The Toffees.....

Tommy Lawton recalls his first goal for us on his debut in an FA Cup replay at Spurs in February 1937:
2020-09-24 09.58.12.jpg

Tommy Lawton recalls his first goal for us on his debut in an FA Cup replay at Spurs in February 1937:
View attachment 102045
Great photo Major in The Tommy Lawton books I have read he was fitted to be 2-0 up v Spurs so confident we were Wembley bound to lose 3-2 ....He and Dean never played upfront much together due to injuries to Dean plus it was never to become a settled partnership - Lawton praised Dean as a great mentor, and knew he was to become his replacement from day one of arriving - he stated the great man bared no grudges just helped him to settle in before his departure .....

The England star who begged for money
Begging letters sent from former England legend Tommy Lawton to film director Richard Attenborough reveal the extent to which former footballers often fell into poverty.
A bit economical with the facts here as Tommy could not just keep his finances straight, Joe Mercer, Sir John Moore's gave him a testimonial game at Goodison well attended in which they thought would bail his finances out - they did not get told the severity of his debts - so sad he went to jail for a short period - his flash car lifestyle was not as common as the players have it now in his era .....he made some bad financial decisions to say the least sadly -
1600946303696.png

Deffo on in the 1980s as HK in his first poor spell they rained down in one game that 0-0 draw lowly attended on the TV ....my we were poor, but ironically that team most of it went on to glory .......fickle how football could be back then .....but the cushion s were used mostly against refs a bad defeat in any era thrown at the dugout area mainly - it sent a message in those days hire cushions .....I never ever hired one by the way lol
A quick check of progams will tell you - what season did the cushion hire add fail to appear...82 or 83 is my guess